So i have a jailbroken 3.0.1 3gs Iphone and decided to install the swirlySMS2 from cydia. Everything went fine after it installed and everything it asked me to reboot my device. I click on reboot and it proceeded to reboot. But now it doesn't start up anymore. I hold the power button on the top right corner of the ipod and it powers on. I see the apple logo and everything but it sits there for like 5-10 seconds and then powers off again.

Anyone has this happened to them? Anyone know what i can do to troubleshoot this or is my only option to restore everything and re-jailbreak again?
    2009-10-07 06:25 PM
    I guess you're screwed. after about 2-3 minutes, see if you can SSH into the phone. if you can, see if you can find something about SwirlyMMS in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ ... if you can, delete it (it will have swirlyMMS in the filename if it's there). This might help, but it doesn't have to, it's just an idea.

Besides that, a restore will help of course
    2009-10-07 06:36 PM
    Yea i'm currently at work right now so no way to fix restore anything. I guess i'll just have to be without my phone for 4 more hours lol. Was kinda hoping there'd be a quick fix it solution. Thanks.

I wanna restore my phone but can when i try to restore it, it only wants to restore it using the 3.1 Firmware upgrade. Would this be a problem since my phone was jailbroken?
    Last edited by AxiuM1485; 2009-10-07 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-07 11:49 PM
    Yea i'm currently at work right now so no way to fix restore anything. I guess i'll just have to be without my phone for 4 more hours lol. Was kinda hoping there'd be a quick fix it solution. Thanks.

I wanna restore my phone but can when i try to restore it, it only wants to restore it using the 3.1 Firmware upgrade. Would this be a problem since my phone was jailbroken?
    well ..

1) if you need an unlock: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DO IT! it will leave your phone PERMANENTLY locked. and when I say permanently, I mean it! don't update to apple's 3.1 firmware, read point 2 then (you should read 2 anyway, but just saying)

2) you can update to 3.1, but you will lose the jailbreak for now. you can keep the jailbreak by creating a custom firmware via pwnagetool (you need a mac to do that) and then restoring to that custom firmware. that will keep the jailbreak and the unlock (if you have an unlock) and is the best course of action if you somehow can get your hands on a mac.
    2009-10-08 01:41 AM
    you will have to rejailbrake.....DON'T let it take the upgrade to3.1. If your iphone was at 3.0 then just go to youtube and lookk for iphone jailbrake 3.0 and do what they say.
    2009-10-08 07:01 AM
    Awww crude lol. I thought the only way to fix that shitty problem was to upgrade. So I did, oh well guess I'll have to wait for someone to come out with something to jailbreak the 3.1 firmware. At the moment I was just determined to
    get my phone back up and running. Damn! I take it there is no way of downgrading and re-jailbreaking it huh?
    2009-10-08 06:58 PM
    i hear that Devteam is bringing the 3.1 fix out friday.
    2009-10-08 08:13 PM
    Well that's good news, didn't take too long after the new firmware came out. Thanks for the info ^_^
    2009-10-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.