While it's not part of the vanilla OS, can I somehow add/enable SMS delivery reports? I know some networks enable this by adding various strings in front of the SMS (e.g. 0#) which then sends you an sms when the message has been delivered, but itís not a very elegant solution. On the Blackberry, for instance, sent messages that had also been received had a simple tick next to them. Is there anything like this available for the iPhone?

Thanks!
    2009-10-12 11:12 PM
    Yes, OPEN CYDIA and look through it. Take an hour, don't skim. Learn it and whats in it. There's more than you know in the corners and cracks. No use in me opening cydia for you to take this screen shot. .....and learn about adding repo's from the repo list in cydia.

Attached Thumbnails SMS delivery reports possile?-photo-1.jpg  
    Last edited by one1; 2009-10-13 at 02:00 AM.
    2009-10-13 01:58 AM
    also bitesms supports delivery reports, in case you wanted to go that option.
    2009-10-13 02:01 AM
    also bitesms supports delivery reports, in case you wanted to go that option.
    just hard to justify it beside the other SMS apps.
    2009-10-13 10:45 AM
    Yes, OPEN CYDIA and look through it. Take an hour, don't skim. Learn it and whats in it. There's more than you know in the corners and cracks. No use in me opening cydia for you to take this screen shot. .....and learn about adding repo's from the repo list in cydia.

Well, having looked through Cydia for more than an hour I can't find any SMS Delivery Report install... but it may just be me...
    2009-10-13 08:16 PM
    Well, having looked through Cydia for more than an hour I can't find any SMS Delivery Report install... but it may just be me...
    it's called iphone delivery
    iPhoneDelivery - SMS delivery reports finally arrived to iPhone! - GooDiPhone

but it sucks because it doesn't show an icon in the sms app or something, it just displays the delivery report on the screen or puts in an "sms delivered" sms after every single sms ... not very nice. undelivered sms in red and delivered ones in green or something would have been much nicer
    2009-10-13 09:02 PM
    Yeah, the colour coding would have been great as would have that Blackberry tick. Thanks for the app name though, I'll check it out...
    2009-10-13 11:08 PM
    Read this hack here: Real Delivery Report - biteSMS
    Works like a charm on most networks.
    The delivery notification just flashes on your screen and you dismiss it and its gone. Its great!
    Other type is what bitesms and other 3rd party apps use: by adding prefix that tells your carrier to give notification by sending back an sms.
    I used this version up until 3 days ago, but just made a contact named "reports" so all my replies would be easy to notice in betveen other conversations
    2009-10-14 12:14 AM
    Read this hack here: Real Delivery Report - biteSMS
    Works like a charm on most networks.
    The delivery notification just flashes on your screen and you dismiss it and its gone. Its great!
    Other type is what bitesms and other 3rd party apps use: by adding prefix that tells your carrier to give notification by sending back an sms.
    I used this version up until 3 days ago, but just made a contact named "reports" so all my replies would be easy to notice in betveen other conversations
    the flashing up on the screen is exactly what iphoneDelivery does, but I think it's not really that great. a simple tick next to an sms or something like that would have been way better
    2009-10-14 12:37 AM
    Yes I understand. The flashing is good but you cant go back and see when the message was delivered.
    A flash and a tick with time stamp or something would be cool.
    But all that is nit picking, iPhone delivery has an option to notify you by sms to... it a little cloud saying "message delivered" appears as an incoming message in that exact conversation.
    2009-10-14 02:07 PM
    Great news... iPhone Delivery just had an upgrade (v0.15 to v0.20) and has solved my "problem". The new version

a) places a tick next to the message which has been delivered
    b) still flashes "delivered" on the screen (or sends a message) but the flash now appears without sounding the standard SMS sound.

This is great as I didn't know if the phone sounded because of a new SMS or new delivery report before. It's just nice to be able to check that a message has been delivered and I don't really need to be notified by sound.

If there's any feedback for the developer it's that delivery reports should be available without a flash or regular SMS, just with the tick. But that's just being picky after years of using a Blackberry which works this way - the app is damn near perfect for my needs in its current incarnation.

Many thanks to the developer!
    2009-10-15 12:14 PM
    Great news... iPhone Delivery just had an upgrade (v0.15 to v0.20) and has solved my "problem". The new version

a) places a tick next to the message which has been delivered
    b) still flashes "delivered" on the screen (or sends a message) but the flash now appears without sounding the standard SMS sound.

This is great as I didn't know if the phone sounded because of a new SMS or new delivery report before. It's just nice to be able to check that a message has been delivered and I don't really need to be notified by sound.

If there's any feedback for the developer it's that delivery reports should be available without a flash or regular SMS, just with the tick. But that's just being picky after years of using a Blackberry which works this way - the app is damn near perfect for my needs in its current incarnation.

Many thanks to the developer!
    could you post a screenshot of the tick? do you have an extra "display tick" option in your messages options? because I just installed 0.2, and it does the silent-flash-thing, but doesn't add a tick to my messages
    2009-10-15 05:06 PM
    Sure thing, see here. I don't know how to embed an image in a post here so you'll have to make due with add-saturated Imageshack I'm afraid
    2009-10-15 06:21 PM
    Sure thing, see here. I don't know how to embed an image in a post here so you'll have to make due with add-saturated Imageshack I'm afraid
    thanks for the upload. Like I said, I got it working ... pretty cool
    2009-10-15 07:22 PM
    thanks for the upload. Like I said, I got it working ... pretty cool
    Nice one... enjoy!
    2009-10-17 12:10 PM
    Update - iPhone Delivery is not compatible with Skype / 3G Unrestrictor. More info here: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-deli...ort/wiki/Skype

Hopefully this will be resolved shortly!
    2009-10-21 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD