Maybe a stupid question but I got a good deal on a factory unlocked 3gs so Im going to sell my old iphone 3gs with 3.0.1 FW that is JB and unlocked and I want to delete everything from the phone like songs videos pics etc. so its like a new phone for the new owner. But I dont want to do the restore so I'll lose the unlock.

What is the easiest way to do this?
    2009-10-16 10:07 PM
    difficult. there is an option to "erase all content and settings" when you go to settings > general > reset. but often for jailbroken iphones that causes the phone to not boot anymore (at least I've heard that problem from numerous people and had it once myself), so if you do that you should be prepared to restore!

best course of action is to restore to 3.1.2 with a custom pwnagetool firmware.
    2009-10-16 10:21 PM
    Yea I thought this would be difficult :P Ive been thinking about Settings reset, did that on my ipod touch when I sold it but I dont want to risk losing the unlock.
    Restore with a custom FW might be it. But its not fool prof if something goes wrong.. Might just leave it as it is.
    2009-10-16 10:39 PM
    Yea I thought this would be difficult :P Ive been thinking about Settings reset, did that on my ipod touch when I sold it but I dont want to risk losing the unlock.
    Restore with a custom FW might be it. But its not fool prof if something goes wrong.. Might just leave it as it is.
    nah, should work out alright ... but if no sensitive data is on the phone, you might as well leave it. if the new owner syncs with his itunes your data gets erased anyway. I wouldn't leave text messages and contacts on it though, you can delete them via SSH if you need to
    2009-10-16 11:00 PM
    Ok heres how I did it incase someone else is wondering; Erased texts manually (sucks but, wth?), deleted contacts with a app in cydia called erasecontacs and for the songs etc. I just synced with another computer without any songs or anything and that deleted all music video etc. because itunes will only let you sync with one computer at a time.
    2009-10-17 01:25 AM
    why dont u sync with aother computer clicking the tabs in the contacts screen to overwrite dataon iPhone with the computer (which will be blank) contacts, mail etc

and than manually delete text messages and your done
    2009-10-17 01:57 AM
    Well the only things I had left to do was to delete music and contacts and the app from cydia was just one click and the contacts were gone, and the music, I did what you are describing!
    2009-10-17 02:45 AM
    why dont u sync with aother computer clicking the tabs in the contacts screen to overwrite dataon iPhone with the computer (which will be blank) contacts, mail etc

and than manually delete text messages and your done
    this. Or why not just put it in recovery mode and restore to your custom 3.0.1 firmware?? Redsn0w and cydia unlock only takes 5 mins after that.
    2009-10-17 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD