User Tag List

Hello, I just noticed the other day that you can change your password to make your ssh more safer. You can manual set your own password, there are root and mobile password. Does anyone know what mobile password changes. I know root password is the password to your iphone on ssh username: Root and password: Alpine but i dont know what mobile is.

Heres the article i followed
    Code:
    http://iphoneoverdose.com/2008/how-to-change-the-default-alpine-ssh-password-on-your-iphone/
    can someone explain what they mean.

Cheers
    2009-11-04 07:44 AM
    user: root
    password: alpine

user: mobile
    password: dottie

these are default passwords.
    ssh [email protected]<iphone IP> means you access as root user level, the highest level.
    ssh [email protected]<iphone IP> means you access as mobile user, you can't see root part.
    2009-11-04 09:15 AM
    Ok maybe i've missed something. i changed the passwd threw mobile terminal. but i can still ssh in with the password alpine? i've rebooted, and still no go. mobile terminal does reconize the password change thought? any ideas?
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644
    2009-11-04 10:25 PM
    The complete sequence from mobile terminal looks like this:

su root (when mobile terminal is started, you are mobile user, this command is to login as root user)
    password: alpine
    passwd
    new password:<new password to be typed in>
    new password:<new password to be typed in the second time>
    2009-11-05 03:17 AM
    Finally!!
    I kept getting a 'Sorry' error when I tried to change PW.
    'su root' solved it...Thanks
    2009-11-11 11:11 PM
    I am trying this but when it asks for password, i type it in but alpine doesn't display when I type it in. Nothing happens when I type, I then hit return and get 'su: incorrect password'.

whats wrong?
    2009-11-12 08:39 PM
    I am trying this but when it asks for password, i type it in but alpine doesn't display when I type it in. Nothing happens when I type, I then hit return and get 'su: incorrect password'.

whats wrong?
    If it doesn't accept "alpine" as password after you type su root, this means the root password has been changed.
    2009-11-13 11:49 AM

whats wrong?
    Unix-based terminals generally do not show you the characters as you type in the password, for security reasons. Don't worry, it's still counting whatever you type in. Just make sure you type in "alpine" exactly and it should let you in.
    2009-11-15 11:16 AM
    you can look here but go to the bottom there is an update

How to Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hack | Redmond Pie
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.
    2009-11-15 03:04 PM
    Don't forget if you installed rock that it encouraged you to change the defaults after installation....
    2010-02-11 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD