I have configured it all, and all my emails are showing as unread, even though I have read them.

I only have one account, which is the hotmail account. And I have read them about a week ago and it says that I have like 30 emails unread when I don't as I have read them.

Bumpp
    Last edited by WhySoSeriouss; 2009-11-08 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-11-08 06:43 PM
    just open them all and make them read. easy as that.

no signature links or spam.... only warning
    2009-11-08 09:58 PM
    Dude, the settings for the hotmail on the iPhone use a really old technology called POP3 that does not synchronize information on the server with email clients. IMAP4 however does synchronize that's why most major people use it: Gmail, Yahoo, Apple, AOL you name it.
    That's the issue right there. So no matter how many times you red and read and read and reread, once you delete the account and install it again using POP3, you will ALWAYS have unread messages.
    Sucks right?
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy
    2009-11-09 03:13 AM
    Dude, the settings for the hotmail on the iPhone use a really old technology called POP3 that does not synchronize information on the server with email clients. IMAP4 however does synchronize that's why most major people use it: Gmail, Yahoo, Apple, AOL you name it.
    That's the issue right there. So no matter how many times you red and read and read and reread, once you delete the account and install it again using POP3, you will ALWAYS have unread messages.
    Sucks right?
    Exactly, for Hotmail the current implementation really sucks as:
    - it doesn't sync read emails
    - it doesn't sync email sent via the Mail app
    - it doesn't show folders other than the inbox.

Next to useless in my opinion, so I'm using mBox Mail instead.
    2009-11-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.