Does anyone know how to display content from your iPhone to a TV like you do in the iPod.app. Think about it, if you could do this you could play a game on the big screen, type up an email with a keyboard like a computer (if you figure out how to hook up a bluetooth keyboard), or browse the internet on the iPhone's awesome Safari.app. Also, if you could figure out the whole bluetooth connectivity thing, a big corp. could make bluetooth controller and you could use it with a game.

So, imagine this, you download a game from the app store, you hook up your iPhone to the big screen, and break out a controller and play the game as if you were playing a PS3, XBOX 360, or even a Wii game.

Think of the possibilities!

Hope someone thinks this is a good idea. If you know how to display anything on the TV please reply.

Thanks,

Swell
    2008-03-16 05:37 AM
    this is a great idea but i dont think the iphone has the power to play PS3 or Xbox games. N64 or playstation (which is already out, but slow) could be possible though. If they made a bluetooth N64 controller and had a N64 emulator it would be awsome to have a portable Goldeneye machine!
    2008-03-16 06:01 AM
    If im gonna be in front of the tv, i'll use my xbox360. However, I cant wait to see some of the games developed for the Iphone that I can use while im out! It is a powerful device in its own right (portable media phone), but cant compete with gaming systems, devices made FOR the home.
    2008-03-16 06:12 AM
    Im not going to doubt anything right now. First they said that you couldnt get NES to work and viola. Then they said no GBA. Then the said no PS1. i will wait and see.
    2008-03-16 07:00 AM
    very interesting, that sounds cool
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473
    2008-03-16 07:22 AM
    would be kinda nice. Although I doubt an iphone can handle the graphics capability of a 360.
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

2008-03-16 09:32 AM
    I doubt it come even come close. iPhones are battery powered devices that run with limited RAM and drive space. The current programs it has to run are only a fraction of the display resolution of what a PS3 can do. And all of the main gaming systems have chips that are optimized for calculations common in gaming. Not so with the iPhone.

The iPhone is still absolutely amazing for a cellphone, just not for a 2008 gaming platform.
    2008-03-19 04:43 AM
    The thing is to not think about an emulator, but think about games designed specifically for the iphone and the hardware that is there.

Think about it like this. I dont remember the exact stats, but i think the iphone has a 667mHz processor, and just roll back your memory to a few years back and think about the games that were on those platforms. Im 24, and thats not too far back for me, but I remember playing games like HalfLife and Unreal on my old 667mHz eMachine. So pretty good games as a possibility? Yea, definitely. But playing games developed for another platform in a native state? Nah, dont think it would be worth while.
    2008-03-19 06:43 AM
    unreal tournament on the iphone would be cool. i think theres enough power here. I remember playing it on my 400mhz powerbook with 64mb of ram.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-03-19 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD