User Tag List

So I've got a 2G, 8G iphone. was running 3.1.2 until...

I was jailbreaking my cousins iphone 3G (who is visiting from Italy) when I put his SIM in my phone to troubleshoot his phone. After I did that, my phone started going apeshit.
    It kept saying "restore needed, contact apple." yadda yadda. So i restored it with pwnagetool, and everything was "ok" for a day.
    Then the message started again, and i was losing service AND my mic wasn't working during calls.
    After THAT, I decided to restore as a new phone.
    Restored, unlocked, got service bars, but couldn't make or receive calls or texts.

Finally, as a last ditch effort, I updated via itunes (which updates baseband, i know).

In a moment of stupidness, I used blackra1n with itunes open.
    Phone shut down, and WILL NOT respond to ANYTHING I do.
    I mean, I have tried countless combos of home and power buttons.

Plug it in to itunes, and it detects that an "ipod" is plugged in, but an "unknown error" has occurred, so please try and unplug and replug.

Tried "rock your phone" for mac, doesn't help.

I think this is the mother of all bricks.
    Any help would be cool.

So far, the only response i get is detected on itunes as an ipod.

thanks in advance.
    2009-12-30 04:08 PM
    Have u tried dfu mode
    2009-12-30 04:12 PM
    i think i'm stuck in DFU mode.
    I get no response when I try to put in in DFU mode again.
    2009-12-30 04:14 PM
    First off updating the 2g iphone through itunes does not update the baseband, secondly when you restored with itunes and before you jailbroke it again did it work? One thing you should never restore from backup after a fresh restore, and try to restore again in itunes but put the phone into recovery mode like this press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to your iPhone. After iPhone is connected it should power on the device. Continue holding the Home button, you will see the Apple logo appear and then finally a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now is the time to release the Home button. Hope this helps you.
    2009-12-30 04:20 PM
    won't work either. the only thing that's happening is itunes recognizes an "ipod" in recovery mode.
    but even the update and restore options don't show up for that.
    It just shows an "ipod" in the device list. that's it.
    2009-12-30 04:29 PM
    I don't know, you know what try iReb google it download it it helps with itunes errors, read about hopefully it works for you, sorry I couldn't be more help. Let us know if it works. Good luck.
    2009-12-30 04:35 PM
    alright, so i downloaded ireb for windows on my sis' computer. ran it, got the white screen it said i would get. except the next step says to open itunes and restore custom firmware.
    only thing is, itunes says it can't connect to iphone update server.
    Last edited by foamchomsky; 2009-12-31 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-12-31 06:11 AM
    Alright, so I've restored the phone back to 3.1.2 using iReb to get the white screen, which I'm assuming was DFU mode.
    Then I restored using windows 7 and itunes.
    jb and unlocked with blackra1n.

Now i'm back to square one, my mic doesn't work. I think it's just a hardware problem.
    New flex cable?
    2010-01-02 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD