This has to be the third time I've restored and jailbroken my iPhone in the the past couple of weeks..every time I get a push notification or I forget to lock it, the screen will just stay lit up and not dim at all.. Draining nearly half the battery before I go to use it again is just a real pain.

Can't find much online about anyone else having this problem. It surely must be something installed that is causing the issue but I'm not sure what.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it?
    2010-03-04 09:40 PM
    I do not know what is causing it, but pop up blocker on cydia maybe a solution for you.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here
    2010-03-05 02:29 AM
    This has to be the third time I've restored and jailbroken my iPhone in the the past couple of weeks..every time I get a push notification or I forget to lock it, the screen will just stay lit up and not dim at all.. Draining nearly half the battery before I go to use it again is just a real pain.

Can't find much online about anyone else having this problem. It surely must be something installed that is causing the issue but I'm not sure what.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it?
    I'm not sure what a push notification is but maybe the reason your phone won't auto-lock is because in your settings under general you have auto-lock on never
    2010-03-05 08:47 AM
    so it stays on the lock screen? if you get a notification in your pocket, the screen turns on and stays on?
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008
    2010-03-05 07:10 PM
    I wonder if it could actually be a hardware issue. A problem with #3 connector or cable? Just a thought

have you ever had your phone apart?
    2010-03-05 07:24 PM
    yeah maybe one of the cables is loose. one of the connectors came loose in my iphone in october and i lost touch sensitivity in part of the screen. i thought it was broken but i just opened it up and adjusted the cables and it was fixed
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008
    2010-03-05 08:43 PM
    U could also have the cydia package "nolock" installed which never locks ur lockscreen. If that's not it, ho thru ur packages 2 see a problem b4 concluding it's a hardware issue
    2010-03-05 09:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem, it started about a week ago.

I just found the problem: 7 icon dock.
    Last edited by SirTimothy1; 2010-03-05 at 10:40 PM.
    2010-03-05 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD