I was hoping someone here in the forum has a solution to this problem, as I searched the forum and can't find a solution. I have a staggered line thru my status bar. It is a few different lines that don't go completely across but goes right down the center of where it says T-Mobile and the E and the time and stops right before the alarm clock setting. Taking a screenshot does not show it, so I can take a picture with my camera and post if anyone requests. Any solutions for this newbie to do to get rid of it. I have a jailbroken 2G with OS 3.0 running. Thanks.

Ricky
    2010-03-14 07:55 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on the phone? From how it sounds by your description, only thing I can think of is a hair trapped between the screen & the protector. Or a hairline crack. Has the front plastic ever been separated from the rest of the screen assembly?
    2010-03-14 09:41 PM
    If a screenshot dosent show the line, then its gotta be either hair, dust, or a scratch...
    2010-03-15 01:52 AM
    The line that is in my phone is too straight to be a hair or anything that has been mentioned. I have not dropped the phone so it is not a crack, and I am not using a screen protector. Is there any solutions to this? If need be, I can take a picture of the phone and zoom in as much as I can on the status bar to show what the problem is. Thanks.

PS - when you take a screenshot it shows it with the line in the photo, but then when you go email the photo from the camera roll, the line magically disappears. It is the strangest thing.
    Last edited by Rickdog99; 2010-03-17 at 04:12 AM.
    2010-03-17 04:08 AM
    Sounds like a physical issue...meaning its either on the LCD itself or screen. If it was how the LCD was displaying it would show in a screenshot.
    2010-03-17 04:12 AM
    Post a picture plz
    2010-03-17 04:12 AM
    PS - when you take a screenshot it shows it with the line in the photo, but then when you go email the photo from the camera roll, the line magically disappears. It is the strangest thing.
    That is because the screenshot is the exact size of the screen, so the scratch is visible when looking at it on the phone. But since it's not actually a pixel issue, it doesn't show up when looking at it on a different screen. I bet if you turned the phone sideways and made your screenshot rotate, the line would also disappear from the screenshot.
    2010-03-17 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD