I don't really get it. I mean, I get that Apple hasn't and probably won't ever allow flash for the iPhone.

What I don't get is why one of the devs, or someone else knowledgeable enough, hasn't ported flash over to the iPhone.

Does nobody know how to do it? Cuz, this would 100% be the highest selling app in Cydia. Everybody would buy it.

Just my 2
    2010-03-16 04:25 PM
    your not the only person that feels like that, many have shared your same opinion so dont get frustrated if im the only one posting to ur question.....

it feels like people are adapting to having no flash on there phone....
    HTML5 FTW!
    2010-03-16 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the response.

Realistically though, when (big if) do you expect most of the internet (mainly videos like vimeo, hulu, and all of youtube, cuz thats what we really want) to convert to HTML5?
    2010-03-16 04:39 PM
    It is because flash is closed source so someone would have to get either the source code which is super unlikly or someone would have to decompile it.... it would be a shitload of work!!!!!

What i was thinking was the PalmOS got flashed ported over if someone could get the source code and alter the source code to run on the iphone platform.... im sure its possible its just alot of work

unfortunately this community has alot of people who just follow instructions.... we need more people who are real programmers and hackers not just people following the devs!
    2010-03-16 05:33 PM
    are u following the dev? if not why not you do it?
    u see , that is a good theory to port over the palm os version but like u said its alot of work...as far as html5 , it'll happen soon enough as people are seeing that it doesnt use alot of resources etc etc...imagine a phone os just running on html5...easier and faster then just running flash...even so the latest mobile flash sucks...its not even the new flash its the real old flash that no one uses with a few things addeed
    2010-03-16 05:56 PM
    we have all been saying the same thing since this bad boy dropped on the world. idont do much web surfing on my phone anyways, maybe to check movie times and little things like that. i prob use maps more than the phone app
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-03-16 07:34 PM
    Someone can compile the barebones flash files to a webplugin...
    2010-03-17 02:19 AM
    Cuz, this would 100% be the highest selling app in Cydia. Everybody would buy it.

Just my 2
    That's it, you've just inspired me. I'm going to look into it & if successful, sell for $19.99 on Cydia.
    2010-03-17 02:50 AM
    Untill somebody makes the leap sweet FA is going to happen with flash on the iphone

i might be tempted to make a leap but i dont have as much programming knowledge as i did back in Uni

Damn Visual Basic and Javascript!!!
    If I've helped you remember to say
    2010-03-18 08:10 PM
    Someone can compile the barebones flash files to a webplugin...
    or people can convert their site to html5 which is faster
    2010-03-18 08:39 PM
    ^^ html5 FTW
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-03-19 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD