I found a 16GB 3GS on craigslist for $350. I can't upgrade my phone until 2011 and $400 + tax seems a bit too steep for me. And obviously I don't want to purchase a stolen iPhone. Are there any measurements I can take before purchasing the phone? Is there any way I can make sure that the phone isn't stolen before I purchase it? I had considered meeting him at an AT&T store and asking an employee to check the IMEI, but most of them are retards (no offense to any AT&T employees reading this). The sellers reason for selling is that he's strapped for cash. Any positive feedback would be much appreciated.
    2010-04-01 10:36 AM
    Just meet him and if it works then buy it.... if after a few days it blocks on you then go and meet him again and beat him with a shovel!
    2010-04-01 01:53 PM
    Just meet him and if it works then buy it.... if after a few days it blocks on you then go and meet him again and beat him with a shovel!
    +1

But anyways, wasnt there a way to change your IMEI? You could just buy it, jailbreak it, and change your IMEI.
    2010-04-03 07:25 AM
    Only the 2G was able to change the IMEI. Not to mention it is also illegal to change the IMEI of a device.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-04-03 07:46 AM
    Only the 2G was able to change the IMEI. Not to mention it is also illegal to change the IMEI of a device.
    only illegal if you get caught. And im pretty sure you can still do it. Weren't people doing it to get around Beejive IM's protection?
    2010-04-03 09:06 AM
    The 3GS and 3G model it is not possible to change the IMEI; only the 2G.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-04-03 09:14 AM
    oh ok, i was thinking of the UDID
    2010-04-03 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD