I just came from the Apple store and came back with a new iphone 3gs replacement. The iphone that was replaced was updated to 3.1.3. With this new iphone I have, its 3.1.2. I know how to jailbreak and unlock this. But I was just wondering if I can still retrieve some of my data from that old iphone and how would I do it? Would it be wise to set up as "new phone" when initial hook up?

thank you in advanced,

RICH
    2010-04-03 03:29 AM
    Well, you can restore the phone from the most recent backup in iTunes, but as far as retrieving info from the other phone, no way.
    2010-04-03 05:33 AM
    what kind of data do you want, contacts and stuff should sync with itune even on the new phone. always when restoring set phone up as new and than sync your data back
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-04-03 10:39 PM
    I just want everything I had on the phone prior to this new iphone. If I set up as backup to latest one, would it automatically update to new 3.1.3 firmware that I had on the old phone?

thanks,

Rich
    2010-04-05 04:01 AM
    are you talking about cydia apps and setting within those apps than no you will just have to go and find the apps you wanted. If you have paid for some apps, lots of devs are cool and will let you email ur IMIE number so you can reinstall. well i kno ireal was pretty cool about it
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-04-06 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD