My iPhone 3G (F.w. 3.1.2, Baseband 5.11) Was working fine till yesterday, when it was low on battery. It shutdown due to complete battery drain. So when I connected it to the Wall Charger, it started charging, then I went out for an hour and half and when I came back I saw the battery was just 24%, I restarted it (By holding Power n Home screen button together) And it still showed me 24%, Then after removing the charger I saw the battery draining. And the Phone had got suddenly very Warm. Which is not normal for my iPhone. So I searched a few forums for the solution and disabled Push, Wifi, 3G, Location Services on my Phone.
    When I connect it to my PC and I can see the "Completed Charging icon" on my battery indicator at just 34% and it starts draining (Even though my USB is connected).
    I tried to put it in airplane mode, and it worked for 2 hours without draining on 20% battery. There was no battery loss.

But as soon as I turned off the Airplane Mode, the battery started draining by like 1% in 2-3mins successively.

Also, I have disabled Push for all applications still the problem persists.
    My phone is Warm the moment I start charging.

This is what happens on my Battery Indicator :-
    The Charging Indicator wont appear (A Lightning Bolt) while charging even though its not 100%;
    It shows the "Charger Plug" symbol which appears only when the iPhone is 100%.
    The Lightning bolt appears for a short time and again goes back to the Charger symbol.

My iPhone battery drains from 100% to 0% in 2-3 hours.

In my opinion this is not a hardware problem, because on airplane mode it lasts like normal.
    Also the Room Temperature is 34C-36C where I live. (India).

Also keep in mind that I have disabled Everything that could possibly be related to GPRS/EDGE and WiFi. Although my EDGE connection is still available when I use Safari.

This problem occured suddenly yesterday when I connected it to my wall charger in the other room and my Phone had got very HOT.

Please throw me some suggestions. I really need them. Thanks.
    2010-04-26 03:52 PM
    defective probably my friend....if u try a re-install and that doesnt fix things then ur unit is defective
    2010-04-26 04:03 PM
    I can't say its defective because I've been using it for a month now and it never happened to me before. But in any case if it's defective, Can it be replaced? Cuz its jailbroken + unlocked and without any contract from AT&T.
    2010-04-26 04:12 PM
    I can't say its defective because I've been using it for a month now and it never happened to me before. But in any case if it's defective, Can it be replaced? Cuz its jailbroken + unlocked and without any contract from AT&T.
    Just restore via iTunes, but there are con's about getting it replaced my Apple, they will update your phone from whatever to 3.1.3 making your phone harder to jailbreak.
    2010-04-26 08:39 PM
    I did a restore with my Jailbroken FW. Battery is back to Normal. I guess I've found the Culprit. Its either PushFix from Cydia, or QuickOffice 3.1.0 Cracked.
    2010-04-29 02:19 AM
    Talk about cracked apps/warez is not allowed. There have been many times that cracked apps have caused various issues, even more reason to support the developers.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-04-29 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD