After using blackrain on my 3.1 3gs, I installed cydia, and ultrasnow via cydia. I was forced to do a reboot- after reboot the phone does not turn on.

Things that did not work:

1.tried restoring firmware, Get error: the iphone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatibl

2.Put iphone in dfu and tried to jailbreak with redsnow, Get error: Unable to recognize specified IPSW (Regardless of what firmware file I use)

3.Put iPhone in dfu and attempted to jailbreak with black rain.

I do not have an shsh on file. I have never backed up this phone. I dont care what I need to do and what I update it to, As long as I can keep it jailbroken+unlocked.

What can I do??
    Last edited by xoxxx; 2010-05-03 at 10:59 PM.
    2010-05-03 02:24 AM
    put in DFU and Restore with your custom firmware file through itunes, or now you can just put in dfu and restore with itunes. one of the system files cydia installed prob didnt get configured properly and thats whay its stuck
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-05-03 08:21 PM
    put in DFU and Restore with your custom firmware file through itunes, or now you can just put in dfu and restore with itunes. one of the system files cydia installed prob didnt get configured properly and thats whay its stuck
    Thanks for the reply,
    I have trid to do that but itunes does not allow me to restore it to 3.1.2 and anything below, This is the error I recieve:

All help is appreciated!!
    Thanks!
    2010-05-03 10:44 PM
    Try downloading the custom firmware from somewhere else. It looks like it's a 3G firmware that has been mislabeled.

The error you get is from using a firmware that wasn't meant for that phone. If it was just the wrong version, you'd get the 'ineligible build' error.
    2010-05-04 04:22 PM
    or install in older verion of itunes and try it again the new itunes wont let you use older firmware
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2010-05-05 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD