I recently rejailbroke my 3GS w/ fw3.1.3 using Spirit. I did so using the laptop I use now. I back up using this laptop, I ran into problems using redsnow and ended up trying a different JB program and downgraded my iTunes. Now my iphone will not sync with any computer. I have look at guides online on how to fix this kind of problem, but they all have required a computer that the iPhone will sync with and you clone a piece of XML script.

I am now at a loss. I dont have to much stuff downloaded and installed yet, so I want to sort things now so if I have to erase and restart I wont have to much work.

Thanks for any help guys and gals.

Casey
    2010-05-15 02:57 AM
    I recently rejailbroke my 3GS w/ fw3.1.3 using Spirit. I did so using the laptop I use now. I back up using this laptop, I ran into problems using redsnow and ended up trying a different JB program and downgraded my iTunes. Now my iphone will not sync with any computer. I have look at guides online on how to fix this kind of problem, but they all have required a computer that the iPhone will sync with and you clone a piece of XML script.

I am now at a loss. I dont have to much stuff downloaded and installed yet, so I want to sort things now so if I have to erase and restart I wont have to much work.

Thanks for any help guys and gals.

Casey
    So your phone seems to be working alright other than itunes
    sync

Does the computer reconize the phone!
    2010-05-15 04:31 AM
    Sorry, I thought I had all the info in there.

Yes, my phone is recognized by my computer now and always have been. iTunes recognizes it fine also. But when I want to go and sync iTunes with my phone it does not recognize it as a phone that it has synced with. So it wants to erase it all and put new stuff on it.

If I were to sync it and start over it will just erase App's, photos, email, music,etc. but leave contacts and JB and cydia data/programs, correct?

thanks for the reply
    casey
    2010-05-15 06:29 AM
    Sorry, I thought I had all the info in there.

Yes, my phone is recognized by my computer now and always have been. iTunes recognizes it fine also. But when I want to go and sync iTunes with my phone it does not recognize it as a phone that it has synced with. So it wants to erase it all and put new stuff on it.

If I were to sync it and start over it will just erase App's, photos, email, music,etc. but leave contacts and JB and cydia dyata/programs, correct?

thanks for the reply
    casey
    What jailbreak software did you use and did you set up as new phone in itunes?
    2010-05-15 06:52 AM
    As I said in my first post, i used Spirit to JB. I set up as new phone then used old backup to get my email/pics/settings back on phone. it did not put my apps back for some reason. Now laptop does not want to sync w/ itunes.

casey
    2010-05-15 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD