I'll try to keep this short and to the point. Phone is running 5.6 ATT IPCC and 3.1.3. It was working fine and then I did the spirit jailbreak and added the mywi app which allows you to use the phone as a wi-fi hotspot. Then I started noticing this:

The phone would not call out. It would attempt to make a call but the timer would never come up and after 15 or so seconds I'll get the "call failed" message. I can't send or receive text messages when this happens or access the data network at all. The solution is to put it in and out of airplane mode and then it will be ok for another 5 - 10 minutes before it repeats the same problem over again.

So I assumed it was the jailbreak/ MYWI install that caused this and I promptly restored the phone through iTunes. No go. Same issue only now going in and out of airplane mode does not fix the problem, even temporarily. It's currently going in and out of service, in and out of edge/ 3G and occasionally I'll get a batch of text messages and push notifications which tells me it's momentarily getting a signal, then nothing. Can't make calls and people that call me just go to voicemail after 4 rings.

The only anomaly I can find is that despite restoring the phone through iTunes, it seems to still be running modified carrier settings as the phone shows the tethering option.

Any help? I can't take it to Apple because it shows the tethering option so I imagine they'll know I putzed with it.
    2010-05-17 11:05 PM
    restore and then take to apple if it still continues
    2010-05-17 11:07 PM
    I don't think you read my post. I did restore the phone and it still shows the tethering option.
    2010-05-17 11:52 PM
    Mike exact same problem here 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak. Constant call fail. Even restore didn't help 3G

Let me know
    2010-05-28 06:33 AM
    Restore and setup as new phone instead of from backup. Something in your backup is causing the issue that's why it gets carried over when you do the restore.
    2010-05-28 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD