I have a 3Gs 3.1.3 new boot, JB with spirt, offical carrier. Briefly here it goes,

I installed a few apps, All which depend on Activator. That's when I started to have problems. My sleep button started to take random screen shots, my Apps would not load more than 1 sec without my having to return to the lock-screen. All of that bearable. But now I go into safe mode every time I blink. I constantly have to restore because I go into a boot-loop. I have disabled Activator and it works fine, so I thought. Then it starts again.Basically, I have NO status bar most of the time & I continue to go into Safe mode & My sleep button is no longer a sleep button, it takes Screen shots. Help!!!! What can I do? I restor 1-2 times a day!!!!!
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"
    2010-05-22 04:32 AM
    Stop installing so many things from Cydia?

It would help greatly if you listed everything you install from Cydia.
    2010-05-22 04:45 AM
    Here are the apps
    Action Menu
    Adorable from SOS (theme)
    backgrounding
    Af2add
    Cydgets-cydialer
    Lockinfo
    Contacts Cydgets
    Weda
    Sbs
    Rotation inhibitor
    Activator
    Firewall IP
    Mobile Substrate
    Ireal Sms
    HTC plug in for lockinfo*
    Kirikae

thank you for responding. I'm about to loose my mind or commit Iphone Homicide :-)
    Lockdown*
    Mcleaner*
    2010-05-22 08:20 AM
    Hmm.. I have no idea what could be causing your boot loops.

I know for sure that Mobile Substrate has caused my iPhone to go into a boot loop a few times, but that shouldn't be the problem.

Try installing just a few at a time to see what causes the problem.
    2010-05-22 10:50 AM
    Thank you for looking. I'm going to try uninstall/ reinsta & any combinatio. That I possibly can think of, maybe I can figure out what is causing my SB to act as it does. I'm so afraid to unlock, use, or do anything with my phone. ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
    2010-05-22 04:04 PM
    Restore and set up as new phone. Only install 2 or 3 apps a day. That should find the problem.
    2010-05-22 04:18 PM
    Restore and set up as new phone. Only install 2 or 3 apps a day. That should find the problem.
    Im attempting that now. Thanks
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"
    2010-05-22 10:43 PM
    Or just install a few apps then reboot your iPhone. If it goes into a Boot Loop, it's most likely one of those few apps you just installed.
    2010-05-23 05:01 AM
    I am still trying to narrow down my conflict. I believe that Activator is conflicting with something else. I have been uninstalling/reinstalling everything one at a time. Funny thing is The ONLY time that I have No problems is when Activator itself is gone. I am totally freaked out!! I had another iphone same in every way as this one with the exact same apps and no problems. I dont know what to do.
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"
    2010-05-25 05:53 AM
    Then the solution is simple: Remove Activator from your system!
    2010-05-25 06:23 AM
    Then she wouldn't be able to use some of the other apps that depend on activator.

I would remove everything that isn't absolutely necessary for you to have on your iphone.
    2010-05-25 08:22 AM
    Look through the options in Activator. There are settings for all sorts of things, including activating apps and even shutting the phone down. All can be done in ways like swiping your finger across the screen or even just shaking the phone.

You might know all this, just saying in case you don't.
    2010-05-25 12:44 PM
    Look through the options in Activator. There are settings for all sorts of things, including activating apps and even shutting the phone down. All can be done in ways like swiping your finger across the screen or even just shaking the phone.

You might know all this, just saying in case you don't.
    Yea I checked that. No luck. I also updated iReal SMS, for about 20 min it was flawless. Until I went into Activator to change a gesture. Im sure that id my problem. But what to do now?
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"
    2010-05-26 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD