Hello fellow members,

Thank to this forum I managed to jailbreak my iPhone and get it up and running without any problems. The tutorials and guides really helped on that.

The only thing I noticed is that I am getting charged extra costs since the JB. All i have installed is Cydia, Winterboard Edit Poseidon: References to cracked apps and sources is not permitted on this forum!

Any idea if there might be something like a virus or logger ( if that exists on mac platform)?

Any advice or reply is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Dark
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-05-26 at 04:57 PM.
    2010-05-26 04:41 PM
    You need to be more specific with "extra charges". Is this coming on your AT&T bill? If so there should be an explanation. The jailbreak process does not charge you anything.
    2010-05-26 04:58 PM
    It is an extra 5 (omly 3 last month so i did not really notice it) on my Vodafone bill ( if that us what you mean with AT&T).

I spoke with the Vodafone Support and they say it that it has to be from an app I installed as I did not exceeded my limits on the bandwight or calls.

EDIT: Wrote a list of the apps Cydia installed and the things I installed but by Forum rules cannot post them.
    Last edited by darkaragon; 2010-05-26 at 05:28 PM. Reason: the censoured words and references to sources and cracked apps.
    2010-05-26 05:25 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. If you're service provider can't even tell you where the charges are coming from then I would refuse to pay it. Anything you get from Cydia is paid direct... not through your service provider. Anything you get from Apple is paid through the App Store or iTunes.. not your service provider.
    2010-05-26 05:36 PM
    Thank you for th einfo. Is there a possibility that I got something like a virus, if that exists on mac platform?
    2010-05-26 06:00 PM
    Not really. You should probably take a look at your non-jailbreak related apps too that might incur monthly charges. I have never had extra charges on my bill because of jailbreak-related items.

Edit* i meant your app store bought apps if you have any

Other than that if you cant find the issue, you should talk to Vodafone again cuz thats stupid for a carrier to say they dont know and charge you.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-05-26 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-26 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD