My friend agreed to trade his 32GB White 3GS for 2 old 16GB 3G iPhones and an old laptop.
    This was a sweet trade for me... or so I thought.
    I'm really stuck right now with this phone.
    So it's a Week 23 Old Bootrom, good...
    My friend updated it to 4.0 when it came out (registered dev) and that's where the problems start. It's got the updated Baseband, and my friend had problems with everytime he rebooted the phone would loose it's Baseband and IMEI and it would be at the emergency screen.
    So right now the phone is stuck at 4.0 Beta 4 at the emergency screen, it's not detecting my SIM card, and downgrading it to an activated 3.1.3 Pwned ipsw will not work whereas a stock 3.1.3 will. I've tried just about everything, Redsn0w, Blackra1n and all the other variations on colored weather there are out there.
    I have access to Windows 7 and Mac OSX.
    HALP!
    I can restore down to a stock 3.1.3 sometimes... right now I am doing right now, unfortunately though a pwned 3.1.3 ipsw won't work...
    I'm going to try restoring the pwned ipsw with an old iTunes 8.2 I downloaded. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Mars478; 2010-05-29 at 11:41 PM.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2010-05-29 11:37 PM
    downgrading it to an activated 3.1.3 Pwned ipsw will not work whereas a stock 3.1.3 will.

DFU to 3.1.3 stock? Do you need an unlock or anything? If not just go back to 3.1.3.
    2010-05-29 11:40 PM
    I'm on stock 3.1.3 right now but it won't activate because the SIM, baseband, IMEI are not detected.
    The warranty on this is voided because my friend pulled the sticker over that one screw.

Please help out... I need a phone.
    Last edited by Mars478; 2010-05-30 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)
    2010-05-30 02:45 AM
    apple wont open it up unless it looks damaged on the outside...so just go to the apple store and they will replace it for you with no hassle ....if u have an att contract or official carrier contract
    2010-05-30 03:15 AM
    apple wont open it up unless it looks damaged on the outside...so just go to the apple store and they will replace it for you with no hassle ....if u have an att contract or official carrier contract
    The phone is absolutely PRISTINE on the outside. My contract is a non-iPhone one... I could get the friend i traded it from to help me out... damn this thing is messed up. I WANT IT TO WORK WAHH.

So you say that if I take it to an ATT store, they'll replace it? They won't even check if it's warranty is voided?
    Last edited by Mars478; 2010-05-30 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-30 03:24 AM
    Apple store not an AT&T store
    2010-05-30 03:33 AM
    The phone is absolutely PRISTINE on the outside. My contract is a non-iPhone one... I could get the friend i traded it from to help me out... damn this thing is messed up. I WANT IT TO WORK WAHH.

So you say that if I take it to an ATT store, they'll replace it? They won't even check if it's warranty is voided?
    They will probably know eventually because your baseband is 05.13....
    In the first place , why did u mess it up with beta 4.0 version and it is not even ready set for 3GS iphone yet?
    2010-05-30 03:34 AM
    They will probably know eventually because your baseband is 05.13....
    In the first place , why did u mess it up with beta 4.0 version and it is not even ready set for 3GS iphone yet?
    Well can they check the baseband if you cannot get past the Emergency call screen?

If it were for me i would not haves messed with the 4.0 Beta, my idiotic friend messed it up. I'll give it a shot at an Apple store I guess if no one has another solution.
    This phone has been working fine since July, no one can think of what's wrong?

With a strange turn of fate the phone has magically began to work! Thanks!
    Last edited by Mars478; 2010-05-30 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-30 05:06 AM
    Go to Apple, you'll get a new phone.

doesn't matter if it's activated or under contract. I have done it myself and I use mine on T-Mo and got a new phone.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-05-30 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-30 05:46 AM
    ^ I have done it for blkcadi and it worked
    2010-05-30 06:39 AM
    ^ I have done it for blkcadi and it worked
    You've taken it to the Apple store for blkcadi?

well whaddya know the damned phone started doing it again... anyone know what's wrong? My last ditch effort is to take it to the Apple store. Lemme know :P
    2010-05-30 03:56 PM

well whaddya know the damned phone started doing it again... anyone know what's wrong? My last ditch effort is to take it to the Apple store. Lemme know :P
    Let us know if you could get a new one, we are all curious...GoodLuck..
    2010-05-30 06:38 PM
    Yes I have
    2010-05-30 07:04 PM
    Hey guys typing from the phone now.
    This is one of the strangest things I've ever done in my iPhone repair history, the phones baseband will work if I stick it in a 0f freezer!
    It will hold stable If I do not reboot it but if I do it does not recognize the baseband. This is really strange...
    What do you think?
    2010-05-30 07:59 PM
    I may be wrong but my best guess would be that there's a hardware problem with the phone. Sticking it in the freezer is probably causing some contact or lead inside the phone to shrink a tiny bit thus making an electrical connection. Btw sticking electronics in a freezer then turning them on imediately is a BAD idea. When the device goes from cold to warm quickly like that condensation can for. Water and circutry don't play nice together. You should still take the phone to an apple store to get it replaced.
    2010-05-30 09:22 PM
    Yes I have
    Yes he has, and I just did it also with a 3Gs that I bought off of eBay.
    2010-05-30 10:21 PM
    Did they have the warranty sticker removed?
    2010-05-30 11:33 PM
    There is no warrenty sticker onthe outside of the phone. Like they said if the phone looks good and it's less than a year old you should be able to get replaced
    2010-06-03 02:04 AM
    Great. Once I get it a replacement screen i will get it to apple.
    Screen story... way too long to explain here, I did not damage the phone though, it was basically i was repairing an important executives iphone, i broke his number 1 connector and i put the LCD from my 3GS so I did not have to tell him what I did. Using a spare 3G now, screen should be here tomorrow.
    2010-06-03 02:46 AM
    Took it to the Apple store, they restored it twice, realized it was borked, and gave me a new one.
    They checked the water sensors, but they did not open it. YEAH! I am as happy as can be! <3 APPLE!
    2010-06-05 02:50 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD