User Tag List

Hi folks,

I am a new iphone user, made the jump from the last 10 years of using a crackberry. So far I am enjoying my iphone, and glad I made the switch.

I got my Iphone jailbroken, however before I did that I downloaded a bunch of apps from the appstore.

About a week ago, I went to use my Tiger Woods 10 app, and it openened, then it quickly went back to the main screen on the phone.

I reset the phone (Without losing my data) and still happens.

Now I am afraid I have to wipe the phone and start over... but here is my dilema;

1) i-Tunes can't back up the apps, and the music I purchased off i-tunes- I keep getting an error message.

2) I dont know how to re-install the jailbreak, although there seems to be a couple threads on how to do this, so I am sure I can figgure it out.

3) is there a 3rd party app I can use to back up all my contacts... because of the 1st issue, I am not sure it has saved all my info because I use this for work, and I am in sales- these contacts are considered important.

I did a search for the app problem- I would like to try and avoid having to wipe my phone to get the apps to work, however if I can at least backup the info, I have no problem.

Thanks for helping an I-Phone rookie out.

I have an 8GB 3G with firmware 3.1.2 on the ROGERS network here in Canada.

Rocky
    Last edited by wastedrocco; 2010-05-31 at 04:50 PM. Reason: iphone firmware etc.
    2010-05-31 04:49 PM
    It's hard to say what's going on especially with the apps crashing that way. What kind of error are you getting with trying to sync your apps and music? With apps, right-clicking and selecting "transfer purchases" should automatically put everything into iTunes.

Restoring the phone should also create a backup in iTunes for you so that it backs up all your contacts, photos, apps, and music. If you have any pirated apps, those won't sync into iTunes. That applies to music as well.

If they aren't pirated, it shouldn't be giving an error. Have you tried syncing/transferring purchases on another computer?
    2010-05-31 11:50 PM
    if u synced with another library, or changed your itunes account then this happens...if u installed cracked apps then this happens...only thing to do is just sync with a library and redownload your paid apps and u should have no worries
    2010-06-01 12:05 AM
    I will give this a shot- thanks guys. Most of the apps are cracked. And all but 2 cd's on my iphone have been purchased (I have the rest in a file on my computer) so thats not an issue. Like I said, all my contacts are what I need more than anything else.

PS;

When I start up i-tunes it says some windows files are missing or corrupted, then it goes to the main screen and says "The URL could not be opened" Once I click OK, i-tunes appears to work fine!

The error I get when syncing is;

"The iPhone Cannot be synced. An error occured while writing to the device"

Doh!
    Last edited by wastedrocco; 2010-06-01 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-01 01:20 AM
    Hi folks,

I am a new iphone user, made the jump from the last 10 years of using a crackberry. So far I am enjoying my iphone, and glad I made the switch.

I got my Iphone jailbroken, however before I did that I downloaded a bunch of apps from the appstore.

About a week ago, I went to use my Tiger Woods 10 app, and it openened, then it quickly went back to the main screen on the phone.

I reset the phone (Without losing my data) and still happens.

Now I am afraid I have to wipe the phone and start over... but here is my dilema;

1) i-Tunes can't back up the apps, and the music I purchased off i-tunes- I keep getting an error message.

2) I dont know how to re-install the jailbreak, although there seems to be a couple threads on how to do this, so I am sure I can figgure it out.

3) is there a 3rd party app I can use to back up all my contacts... because of the 1st issue, I am not sure it has saved all my info because I use this for work, and I am in sales- these contacts are considered important.

I did a search for the app problem- I would like to try and avoid having to wipe my phone to get the apps to work, however if I can at least backup the info, I have no problem.

Thanks for helping an I-Phone rookie out.

I have an 8GB 3G with firmware 3.1.2 on the ROGERS network here in Canada.

Rocky
    In order for paid apps from Itunes stores to sync back , you not only sign in to Apple , you also have to authorize your computer to do so, you are only allowed to authorize a max of 5 computers on that one account.
    2010-06-01 05:02 AM
    Also sounds like you may not have enough free memory cause this happens to me with a few apps that use a lot of memory
    2010-06-03 12:57 AM
    So after all this... It turns out the Appstore deleted the 3 digit code on the back of my credit card, and when I signed in and re-entered the info, now they all work again...

Wierd!
    2010-06-03 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD