I had the Photos Icon in my Task Bar on the bottom. However, for some unknown reason it is not there. I rebooted, went into Categories and Categories can find it, but when I try to add it, it shows until I Respring. Then after Respring, I cannot see it on my Home Screen or anywhere? Any suggestions? Thank you!
    2010-05-31 07:25 PM
    Have you checked to make sure it's not set to hidden either in catagories or sbsettings?
    2010-05-31 10:15 PM
    Have you checked to make sure it's not set to hidden either in catagories or sbsettings?
    No, I checked and even Turned PHOTOS icon to OFF then respring then back to ON. Tried a Hard Reset and nothing appeared. Can still find the Icon if I go into Categories and select a folder then try the 'add' option. I add it to any folder and it shows up until I respring. I really don't think a restore will do it since it was not there when I did an iTunes sync the last time. Thanks for your suggestions.
    2010-05-31 10:53 PM
    Hmmmm. As a last resort you could try deleting the springboard.plist. The phone will auto generate a new one when you respring after deleting it. And all the default icons should have a location on the new plist that is generated. Doing this will cause you to have reset some of your settings though. Alarms, default ringtone, SMS alert, ect.....

A restore would correct the problem, but if you do try that you should choose set up as a new phone instead of restore from backup.

Here's the directory location is case you want to try
    /var/mobile/library/prefrences/com.apple.springboard.plist
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-31 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-31 11:42 PM
    Thanks for all your suggestions and help. I finally resolved the problem. I did an update an hour ago and found that I had a Cydia update to IconSupport. After I updated then I went back to Categories and again added Photos to my Apple Folder and it worked this time. I do have a different Icon for Photos, different that the normal Icon default. However, it does allow me to access my photos. Thanks again.
    2010-06-01 01:27 AM
    Catagories seems to make a lot of problems for the newer users. I'm not a big fan. My 2cents
    2010-06-03 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.