ive been in the desert for the past 6 months only using the phone with wifi now that im back in teh states i have my phone turned back on but i cant check email or go on the internet unless im on the wifi. if i try to get on the internet for any reason my phone says that im not connected to the internet and i cannot figure out why. ive restarted my phone a thousand time. any ideas???
    2010-06-01 11:07 PM
    Got your APN typed in?
    2010-06-01 11:08 PM
    what is a APN and how do i type it in?
    2010-06-02 05:13 PM
    Oh my goodness. Well what carrier are you on?

Settings>general>network >cellular data network

Enter the APN for your carrier (google, you will find it)

Or you could go to this site on your iphone and follow the directions.

Unlockit.co.nz
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-06-02 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-02 05:33 PM
    once i go to network the only thing that comes up is enagle 3g on/off
    data roaming on/off
    vpn not configured
    wifi on/off
    2010-06-02 11:26 PM
    Then use the link i gave you above on your iphone safari browser and follow the directions.
    2010-06-03 12:16 AM
    Well the browser fix was a no go so I called AT&T turns out they shut off my data plan. I was told when I got the iPhone that data was a must if u have the phone for 30 a month. So when I was told my data was turned off I asked if I could leave it off the rep told me it's not possable for the phone to work if u don't have the data plan. But that's not true becuase I was making calls and doing everything else I just couldn't do anything Internet related unless I was on wifi. So everytime I asked the rep if I could call back later to have the data shut off they ingnored my question becuase they said the phone won't work unless u have that plan but that was obiouly a lie. So all is good now thanks for the help
    2010-06-03 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD