Can I upgrade my 3GS 3.1.2 -new bootrom-jailbroken
    with blackrain to OS 4.0?thanx guys.
    Last edited by 6ty9er; 2010-07-21 at 10:31 PM.
    2010-07-21 10:29 PM
    Can I upgrade my 3GS 3.1.2 -new bootrom-jailbroken
    with blackrain to OS 4.0?thanx guys.
    Nope. You gotta play the waiting game
    Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!
    2010-07-22 01:11 AM
    Thanx man!Even heaven can wait so why not me?I am kidding.I hope that a solution might come soon.thanx again and keep in touch!
    2010-07-22 01:39 AM
    Video recorder 3G which is showing compatible is not working on ios4 it shows loading then crashes back to home.
    My winterboard theme bleach is working just like ios3.1.2 with icons in folders to. Changes to SMS sounds working also, so are the lock unlock mail vmail sounds I've added, Flashlight, openssh so far are working.

Oh I forgot to mention the icons show a shadow to the lefthand corner when touched which works fine for me. Be looking forward to my updates so I can get all the old jailbreak apps back.
    Last edited by rhino_81; 2010-07-22 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-22 09:59 PM
    Anyone notice that with intelliscreen or not sure if this is just an iOS4 issue but my emails don't come through until I stop the mail app from multitasking. Then once I open it again it works for a few minutes until I notice I'm getting no mail again..... Bloody weird too
    2010-07-22 10:32 PM
    Anyone notice that with intelliscreen or not sure if this is just an iOS4 issue but my emails don't come through until I stop the mail app from multitasking. Then once I open it again it works for a few minutes until I notice I'm getting no mail again..... Bloody weird too
    Do you have the lockscreen password enabled?
    2010-07-22 10:51 PM
    The mail problem is because of the lame multitasking on iOS4. Does the same thing to the Facebook app and a few others. You can edit the playlist and turn multitasking off.

I really miss proswitcher!!!!!
    2010-07-22 10:54 PM
    The mail problem is because of the lame multitasking on iOS4. Does the same thing to the Facebook app and a few others. You can edit the playlist and turn multitasking off.

I really miss proswitcher!!!!!
    I miss Proswitcher too, but multitasking was horrible before on the 3G
    2010-07-23 12:19 AM
    Mobilelog has been updated to 4.0. Compatible with iOS4
    2010-07-23 01:53 PM
    Do you have the lockscreen password enabled?
    Yes I do since I do not want random people picking up my phone and rifling through my stuff.

Does it work without the lockscreen? I think Rock support suggested the same thing
    2010-07-23 05:44 PM
    Mail stayed running in the background long before multitasking and 4.0 came around!
    2010-07-23 06:20 PM
    Yes but the new multitasking in iOS4 doesn't allow mail, Facebook and others to refresh right
    2010-07-23 07:25 PM
    Mail is a native app and part of the system. Shut it down and minutes later it will just reappear. You have to have it set to fetch data every so often if you want it to keep updated on its own.
    2010-07-23 07:29 PM
    Yes but the new multitasking in iOS4 doesn't allow mail, Facebook and others to refresh right
    mail multitasks the same way it always has, 4.0 does nothing to the mulitasking for it, Safari or Music
    2010-07-23 08:27 PM
    No it isn't. If you double tap the home button and you don't see the mail app you will get your mail like you did with os3. But if your mail app is open on the multitask bar you won't always get your mail until you open the mail app. Once you open the mail app then your email will come in. Same on Facebook app. On os3 the Facebook app will refresh very time you open in. But with os4 if Facebook is run down on the multitask bar you have to manually refresh each time you open it. So they do not work the same as before
    2010-07-23 09:55 PM
    They are kept in a suspended state when you hit the home button. Mail should work regardless, it is a system app/service. I just tested this by enabling mail to fetch ever 15 minutes and it is indeed in my multitasking bar. What phone is this?
    2010-07-23 10:00 PM
    No it isn't. If you double tap the home button and you don't see the mail app you will get your mail like you did with os3. But if your mail app is open on the multitask bar you won't always get your mail until you open the mail app. Once you open the mail app then your email will come in. Same on Facebook app. On os3 the Facebook app will refresh very time you open in. But with os4 if Facebook is run down on the multitask bar you have to manually refresh each time you open it. So they do not work the same as before
    I agree with Efi2nr, this has been my experience as well. When I close mail out from Multitasking then it works again. There is a reason why a lot of applications have done many bug fix releases since iOS4, I for one am not a fan of how apple did it, I believe you should have a toogle to turn off multitasking per app.

Even though mail may be a native app, when using intelliscreen or any application that leverages that native app, who knows how it will behave. And just because its native doesn't mean that apple is perfect sometimes they deathgrip stuff, probably not in this case though.
    2010-07-23 10:22 PM
    Well you are talking about a 3rd party app there. This is partly why Apple is against jailbreaking, because the 3rd party apps don't meet their requirements because they do something that conflicts with the normal operation of the phone. Imagine if they supported jailbreaking, and the floods of calls they would have from people needing help with software issues from 3rd parties.

I can't speak for this intelliscreen program. All I have installed from the jailbreak is SBSettings and openssh, along with just the dependencies.
    2010-07-23 10:27 PM
    Well you are talking about a 3rd party app there. This is partly why Apple is against jailbreaking, because the 3rd party apps don't meet their requirements because they do something that conflicts with the normal operation of the phone. Imagine if they supported jailbreaking, and the floods of calls they would have from people needing help with software issues from 3rd parties.

I can't speak for this intelliscreen program. All I have installed from the jailbreak is SBSettings and openssh, along with just the dependencies.
    I agree with you on your point. I guess since intelliscreen worked perfectly in the past I'd like for it to work again but you are correct about third party apps. Regardless though, I wish there was a toggle for multitasking, I have crap automatically running in the background, according to the double click of the home button, that I do not want running in the background, like settings, I never have a reason to multitask that.
    2010-07-23 10:57 PM
    It can be disabled, but then you lose the iPod controls and anti-rotation toggle. BTW all those apps that are down there are not running, it is more like a history of what has run and they just stay there forever. To actually see what's running I use the process toggle in SBSettings.
    2010-07-23 10:59 PM
1,008 ... 25333435363745 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD