Need help figuring out how Iam going to do this. I have an iphone 3g running 3.1.2(7D11) carrier 5.5 and firmware 5.11.7. that version of itunes is on the laptop which i currently use to sync.

Now im getting the new iphone and the ipad shortly. How/what do i download to get if possible all 3 items synced on the new desktop without losing the unlock/jb on the 3g?

Not sure if that makes any sense.
    2010-06-19 02:31 PM
    Need help figuring out how Iam going to do this. I have an iphone 3g running 3.1.2(7D11) carrier 5.5 and firmware 5.11.7. that version of itunes is on the laptop which i currently use to sync.

Now im getting the new iphone and the ipad shortly. How/what do i download to get if possible all 3 items synced on the new desktop without losing the unlock/jb on the 3g?

Just update to Itunes 9.2 as you will need it for the new Iphone 4.
    2010-06-19 03:58 PM

You can sync the your current iPhone to ur desktop and u wont lose ur unlock or jailbreak. Just dont update your firmware if it ask u to update. As far as transferring ur music and etc., u will lose all of that on ur iPhone unless u have the same music in iTunes on ur desktop when it resyncs. When U get ur new iphone/ipad just sync as normal.
    2010-06-19 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD