So yesterday I got an iPhone 4. Last night I got smashed, woke up and my iPhone doesnt power on. Its in perfect physical condition so the only thing I can think of would be water damage. I plan on bringing it to an apple store and I know theyll check for water damage but I dont know if apple has any new water detection strips.

Anyone who has an iPhone 4:

Can you please look down the headphone jack and tell me what color thew circle sticker is

Also, looking down the dock connector there is one more white strip in the middle.

Please let me know what colors yours is and thatd be great, or any other sneaky water detection areas you can find.

-Thanks in advance,
    -Matt
    2010-06-25 04:21 PM
    white on mine
    2010-06-25 04:41 PM
    thats good news, i already have an appoitment at a genuis bar later tonight. Mine are all white but the only problem i noticed was the rear camera lens has some condensation. I have it sitting out in my car in the sun hoping it will dry out. Hope im not screwed

UPDATE

Can someone confirm to me the color of the small strip found in the dock connector port in the middle.

Mine is a small copper-ish looking strip

UPDATE:

Can someone confirm the color of the strip in the dock connector? its directly in the middle of the pin connector

-Thanks
    Last edited by fearls101; 2010-06-25 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-25 08:52 PM
    i have a question i got a stolen iphone 4, anyone know how for me to get at least into the phone ????? without activating it please help
    2010-06-25 09:55 PM
    1st poster is was drunk and messed his phone up

2nd just stole a iphone and wants to get into the phone without activating

LMFAO
    2010-06-25 10:13 PM
    i have a question i got a stolen iphone 4, anyone know how for me to get at least into the phone ????? without activating it please help
    I hope I am misinterpreting this sentence.
    However if I am not, then you must be CRAZY if you think someone is going to help you get your STOLEN iPhone4 working.
    Have some morality....
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T
    2010-06-25 10:18 PM
    Dock is white
    2010-06-25 10:47 PM
    LMFAO funniest thread of life.
    2010-06-25 10:52 PM
    Dock is white
    Can you be a litte more descriptive? The tab is very small but is it a bright white or what?

my brand new iP4 is sitting in a bowl of rice......

Sorry for partying

-Thanks for the help

1st poster is was drunk and messed his phone up

2nd just stole a iphone and wants to get into the phone without activating

LMFAO
    Only because I think it'l add humor i might as well let everyone know how it got wet.

I was hammered, pissed the bed, woke up late for work bc my alarm didnt go off since my phone was soaked.

At least its Friday!
    Last edited by fearls101; 2010-06-25 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-25 11:06 PM
    Way to look on the bright side.

That is hilarious though! Hope the phone works!

TROLL!

2007 and only 2 posts?

TROLLIN' TROLLIN' TROLLIN'!
    Last edited by Shockster; 2010-06-25 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-25 11:59 PM
    I hope they ban the thief, shame I feel bad for the person losing the iPhone 4.

What scum.

Also thread creator bro does it smell of urine? Put it inside the wrapper of a car air freshener. That way you should be golden if you fall into a managers hands at Apple they will do anything to make sure.

Can you be a litte more descriptive? The tab is very small but is it a bright white or what?

my brand new iP4 is sitting in a bowl of rice......

Sorry for partying

-Thanks for the help

Only because I think it'l add humor i might as well let everyone know how it got wet.

I was hammered, pissed the bed, woke up late for work bc my alarm didnt go off since my phone was soaked.

At least its Friday!
    This has to be digged LOL
    Last edited by zmanforever; 2010-06-26 at 05:56 AM.
    2010-06-26 05:00 AM
    That's hilarious!!! Sorry op for your misfortune but damn that's funny.
    2010-06-26 05:25 AM
    lmao
    2010-06-26 05:51 AM
    Oh snap this thread is beyond funny.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-06-26 06:02 AM
    ^ Really its crazy! lol
    2010-06-26 06:23 AM
    lmao
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2010-06-26 06:36 AM
    sorry dude but i have to ask this...does your screen have a yellow discoloration...???....lol...good luck at the Genius Bar...
    2010-06-26 06:48 AM
    sorry dude but i have to ask this...does your screen have a yellow discoloration...???....lol...good luck at the Genius Bar...
    Lol. That comment was down right funny. Wonder how his reception is then too. Bet he doesn't test the proximity sensor because then he would need to put it near his head.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-06-26 07:04 AM
    Lol. That comment was down right funny. Wonder how his reception is then too. Bet he doesn't test the proximity sensor because then he would need to put it near his head.

Lol omg ewz
    2010-06-26 07:06 AM
    you, sir have landed an esteemed position in my signature, and thank you for your comedic genius
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.
    2010-06-26 07:10 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.