User Tag List

Hey,

I have an iPhone or rather an iPod Touch running v3.0, and I want to upgrade it to v4.0 but want to backup my emails as they're not stored on the server. I remember being able to do it on v2 before, but the method I used for v2 doesn't work on v3.0. (Backing up /Mail folder and restoring it via SSH after jailbreak)

So any ideas?
    Thanks

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech
    2010-06-27 03:17 PM
    Why would they not be stored on the server? That's a little odd.

But im not sure how to back up emails.
    2010-06-27 03:48 PM
    Because it's a POP account lol. I want to change it to IMAP after the upgrade to prevent this sort of nonsense.

Ugh

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech
    2010-06-27 03:58 PM
    This is probably the most basic solution with alittle time involved required to do it, but try forwarding all of them to a seperate email then forward them back once you update.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

update: comex has answered my wish.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    AMD Phenom Quad-core 3.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 260 core 216 processors
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    150GB Raptor X(has window to see disc)
    500GB WD HD
    2010-06-27 04:38 PM
    That's what I was thinking, but surely there must be another way?
    I know iOS4 now allows you to move POP emails to IMAP servers that way you have a backup.

2010-06-27 04:39 PM
    Just looked around on google and couldnt find anything. sorry i couldnt help ya.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

update: comex has answered my wish.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    AMD Phenom Quad-core 3.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 260 core 216 processors
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    150GB Raptor X(has window to see disc)
    500GB WD HD
    2010-06-27 05:45 PM
    WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MMI!

It posted the same post, again when that's not what I even wrote. Anyways...damn I've done an hours worth of Googling and nothing

2010-06-27 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD