I bought the new iphone 4 because it had a flash. For my work, a flash would help tremendously. (and work it did)

I love the iphone 4 but when I received it, the reception was crap. I'm not talking about the fact that my hand was on the band around the phone, I mean laying on the counter, it would be searching or on 1 bar when I have 3 other iphones laying next to it with a minimum of 3 bars all the way to 5.

I figured I got a defective phone so I exchanged it. Yesterday I received my new phone, went out and bought a case from Best Buy and went on my merry way.

I dropped more phone calls yesterday than I have in the last year with my 3GS.

So today, I took all 4 iphones (1) 3GS and (2) 3G plus my iphone 4 with me everywhere I went.

Unless I was in a SUPER reception area, the old phones almost always had a minimum of 3 bars where the new iphone would only have 1 or was in search mode.

I gave up and returned the phone. Since I passed my 3GS to a fellow family member, I went and bought a new 3GS.

I hated I had to do that since I really liked the phone and it's features but the reception was ridiculous.

Even while I was talking to a genius, I received a phone call and before I could tell my buddy I'd call him back, the call dropped.

So anyone else going back to the old phone?

Mark
    2010-06-28 12:21 AM
    I never sell my old phones for that reason. But for me my i4 is better in every way

I've got a couple 32gb 3gs's sitting around, I'll trade you one that's in perfect condition
    2010-06-28 01:17 AM
    Yeah, I understand, I wish I could have kept it but a phone is useless no matter how cool it is if I can't use it as a phone.

I'm assuming that the problem is mostly in design by ways of a hardware issue. If for some reason, Apple does make software change and it works (highly doubtful) I still have 30 days to return the 3Gs.

Glad the 4 is working for you.

Mark
    2010-06-28 01:25 AM
    Hell no lol

Reception is a problem but not to the point where I'd exchange for a 3GS. I've talked to Apple support so just waiting on a fix. Most likely going to wait a month for a new batch of phones and just swap mine. I'm sure everything will be ironed out by then.
    2010-06-28 01:30 AM
    Im waiting for the white to come out. By then perhaps all the problems will be fixed or improved. I knew first week it would be problematic so hopefully in the upcoming months the white ones will show better performance.
    2010-06-28 01:33 AM
    I agree 100%, I rather use a POS nokia as long as my calls never dropped, over even an iPhone 5g prototype.

(but my business line is with verizon, and my personal line is with Att, because I couldn't deal with all the important dropped calls, all the time)
    2010-06-28 01:35 AM
    Im waiting for the white to come out. By then perhaps all the problems will be fixed or improved. I knew first week it would be problematic so hopefully in the upcoming months the white ones will show better performance.
    I'm hoping there will be changes but honestly, if the problem is because of the antenna, I don't see any changes coming.

Hope I'm wrong but....

Mark
    2010-06-28 01:52 AM
    True. Reception is not as good as 3GS and 3G signal was worse. I also missed my JB functions. I took my 3GS off eBay and downgraded it back to 3.1.2, then did the micro sim cut out adapter trick. I'll exchange it at the end of the month for hopefully an improved batch. I can always use it to make Skype calls in the meantime.
    2010-06-28 02:41 AM
    No edging way. My phone has no piss stains and no reception issues
    2010-06-28 04:37 AM
    No edging way. My phone has no piss stains and no reception issues
    I'm glad Its working for you, I wish I could have said the same.

I'm assuming a new OS update will be coming out shortly. If the reception issue proves to be a software problem, I will no go back and get another 4.

However, I'm a realist and not holding my breath.
    2010-06-28 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD