Hello, I have a iPhone 3GS that it stuck on the "sim card not supported" aka its from a different country other then mine so i cant activate it

But i was wondering if the 911 part would still work with the phone not having a sim card in it or not even activated so i dialed 911 and guess what! it worked!

But how can 911 work without a sim card? hmm

any ideas?
    2010-07-02 11:48 AM
    Yes, it's an EMERGENCY service!!

I just hope there wasn't a real emergency whilst you were wasting their time testing your phone!

2010-07-02 12:15 PM
    911 calls are allowed to jump onto any network at any time. It will grab whatever singal is the strongest and use that. It does not matter what provider it is. Cell companies have to allow emergency calls to be directed through them at any time on a channel basically reserved for them.

Same goes for home service. If you do not have any home service you should leave a phone hooked up for 911. The call will go through even though you disconnected your phone service. They recommend that to the cell phone at home because they then can get a direct address instead of narrowing it down to where your cell signal is.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-07-03 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD