ok so the push notifications have not been working on my phone and after a couple frustrating days and about 4 restores i realized that the active autosilent profile had push notifications turned off. so i turned them back on and they were working fine for a day or so but now they are not working again. and the sms tone is also not playing. i had quick reply for sms installed and tried uninstalling it thinkin that was it but they still do not work. i found push fix but it says that you have to uninstall and then reinstall the app with the non-working notifications but i am not sure how you would go about doing that with the sms app. any suggestions? thanks again guys(and girls) in advance.
    2010-07-05 12:58 AM
    after you restored it, did you go 4.0? also did you activate with a at&t sim?
    2010-07-05 04:25 AM
    No i wish i have an iphone 2g so im still running 3.1.3 firmware. and im not sure but i guess it would be considered hactivating? got my phone off ebay and was supposed to be already jailbroken and unlocked. so i went to the nearest t-mobile dealer to get it activated and it was in emergency only mode so i brought it home and unlocked and jailbroke with redsn0w 9.4
    2010-07-05 07:39 PM
    First, getting push to work on T-Mo does require tinkering.

Second, SMS and Push are two completely different protocols that have nothing to do with each other.

I'm not sure I understand your problem.. are you saying that you do receive push notifications and SMS but you're not getting an alert?
    2010-07-06 02:49 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your problem.. are you saying that you do receive push notifications and SMS but you're not getting an alert?
    yeah i still get the message but i get no alert, no sound plays and half the time there is no badge on the sms icon displaying when i have a text. and this just started out of nowhere one day. they used to work fine the only thing i could think of is that i was using quick reply for sms. sorry I'm bad at explaining things. your help is much needed and appreciated. thanks again everyone
    2010-07-06 09:18 PM
    QuickReply seems pretty solid to me, but if you are suspecting a problem with it, you can check with the dev on twitter.. he's pretty good about support.

Gaurav Khanna (gauravk92) on Twitter

I was browsing around on hackint0sh yesterday and I saw a few threads about other users having problems with Push after installing Autosilent. Maybe try temporarily uninstalling it and see if that changes anything?
    2010-07-06 11:16 PM
    yeah i love quick reply. i wasn't sure if it turned off the default alerts or something which wasn't the case because i uninstalled auto silent and that was it. its working fine now. so do i have to choose between autosilent or alerts? or is there a way to fix it. thanks so much dude i been trying to figure this out for like a week you've been a lot of help bro thanks.
    2010-07-07 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD