I've yet to upgrade to iOS4 (understand the Sn0wbreeze custom ipsw method still has some issues with signal strength and tethering), but I'm wondering how the new spell-checking function works, specifically with:

a) does it support any language that is available as a keyboard layout? E.g. if I write one message in English and one in Danish, will the spell-checker automatically switch to the correct language and underline accordingly? My main criticism with Inspell on a jailbroken 3GS 3.1.2 is that it doesn't automatically switch the spell-checking language to match the selected input; I do it with the SB Settings shortcut.

b) can I combine multiple languages in message and have then both corrected independently?

Thanks for the insight!
    2010-07-08 12:30 PM
    Yes THE iPhone 4 supports multi Language
    Add the Language in the Keyboard settings and Change on the Globe sign in the Keyboard
    Jorgen
    2010-09-02 11:21 AM
    it barely supports english.
    changing me to mr? how annoying is that?
    2010-09-02 05:28 PM
    Nonsense, me don't have this problem mr.
    Jorgen
    2010-09-02 09:26 PM
    If you find u type words that the auto correct doesn't like just open notes and write the words in a note with spaces between them, it adds them to dictionary

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-09-02 11:23 PM
    Yes THE iPhone 4 supports multi Language
    Add the Language in the Keyboard settings and Change on the Globe sign in the Keyboard
    Jorgen
    Yeah, works really well actually... much prefer it to Inspell on jailbroken OS3.x since it spell-checks in the current input language. With Inspell you had to manually select the spell checking language which was a pain since I frequently swap languages.
    2010-09-03 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD