I downloaded TinyUmbrella and saved my blobs to Cydia (and my computer, I guess?) the other day. My 4 was having issues with blue tooth devices and the proximity sensor so I took it in to the Genius Bar and they replaced it. I just tried to re-do Tiny Umbrella, but received the notification that I'm too late.

So my question is, am I able to use the blobs from my previous 4 on the replacement I just received? Or am I just SOL until the next go-round? Just an FYI, the replacement has not been upgraded to 4.0.1 yet.

Sorry for the n00b question, I can't seem to find this answer anywhere, but maybe I'm not googling it correctly.
    2010-07-17 05:03 PM
    Thanks to Apple strict signing process, they sign only the current firmware available. SHSH blobs are per device per software release and can NOT be shared. You're out of luck.
    2010-07-17 05:09 PM
    You haven't lost out on anything though, so there's no reason to be sorry about it. The 4.0 SHSH won't be good for anything that the 4.0.1 SHSH won't also be good for.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-07-17 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the info, guys. Poopy, but I can definitely wait for the next time. I guess I have no choice LOL.
    2010-07-17 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD