So i have a white iphone that eventually ended up with scratches and deep cuts from dropping it (which show more on the white phones).. I got fed up of having lots of ugly black marks on the back so i took my girlfriends nail file soaked it in water and started filing away at it.. and it actually turns out very nice, my phone looks almost brand new again.

you need to make sure you file the entire surface because it does remove the glossy coating it has, and ends up with an almost matted feel and look, which still looks really nice on it.

I used a normal nail file first and then one thast sort of like a polishing file.. remember to make sure its wet!

If you dont have a girlfrind or wife that you can go and raid there nail files im sure you could find very fine sandpaper that might work even better

DO NOT TRY THIS ON BLACK PHONES!!! it wont turn out very nice
    Last edited by MikeThomson; 2010-07-21 at 05:38 AM.
    2010-07-21 01:05 AM
    forgetting sisters and moms?
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008
    2010-07-21 01:21 AM
    How are you gonna post something like this and then not even include any pictures for us to admire your work!?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-21 01:27 AM
    I give you credit for having the balls to try it, I dont think I would have risked it hahaha.
    2010-07-21 04:50 AM
    forgetting sisters and moms?
    lol yes i forgot sisters and moms!

I would throw a picture up but i dont use any picture hosting sites.. If anyone wants a picture i'll gladly send one in an email for ya... or someone else can put a link up to it?!
    2010-07-21 05:36 AM
    Actually I just did that with my black phone. It looks great without all the scratches and i too had a couple of deep scratches that are almost unnoticeable anymore. It looks good. Id post a pic but I cant take a pic with the only camera i have which is my phone ahaha.
    2010-07-21 05:43 AM
    How about a really fine grit sandpaper or emery cloth and wet sand it? Maybe even work your way down to crocus cloth. Could quite likely get it near glossy again with that.
    2010-07-21 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD