I upgraded my iPhone 3g to 3gs on 12th of June bought out of that contract and signed up to a new 18 month contract for the unlimited data my upgrade was due on the 29th of June o2 said If I needed the unlimited data would have to take out new contract or upgrade before 24 th of June so I did . Originally was gonna get the iPhone 4 but due to data went for 3gs and today got a text from o2 saying as of 1st of October Iphone will be on data allowance / 1g cap even though I got a new contract on 12 of June paid out of 3g contract and paid to upgrade to 32g 3gs right now they tell me everyone has a data cap from 1 St of October. I am well angry how can they do this is this correct cause that is not what was told when upgraded my contract and if that's the case why would you pay out of your contract upgrade 2 weeks early and get the previous 3gs when a week later could have got iPhone 4. Anyone agree with this ? I am now waiting 48 hours for them to listen to my call to see if I was miss sold product or will swap for iPhone 4 any comments please

Can o2 do this? Should I tell them to stick it ? Should I try and get them to change it to iPhone 4 comments PLEASE !!!
    Last edited by wazjackal; 2010-07-23 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-23 07:50 PM
    I would kick off. as far as I know, you can't change a contract once signed!!
    2010-07-23 07:53 PM
    Yeah, thats illegal, its a binding contract that both you and them agreed to, if they do end up changing it you could take them to court for it.
    2010-07-25 04:23 AM
    The 'unlimited' O2 contract always had a FUP of 1Gb
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-25 01:22 PM
    confucious your wrong bro,

i have in email written confirmation, if you previously had a contract with 'unlimited' data useage (yes fair usage applies but this is 5GB+ PCM) they CANNOT change exisiting tarrifs pre 2009.

"Good Afternoon Jordan

Thanks for getting back to us.

I understand that your concern about the 500 MB data allowance cap which
    we providing from October 2010. Don't worry, I'll surely help you in
    this matter.

Jordan, I'd like to inform you that your correct about the 500 MB data
    allowance cap. It won't be applied to your account unless you change or
    upgrade your tariff. You'll continue to enjoy the services you're
    getting in your current tariff.

I hope you'll find the above information useful.

Did you know that you can send ten free text messages every month using
    your online account? Isn't that great! You can do this by simply
    clicking on the link O2 | My O2 account | Sign in for balances & bills, webmail & free texts and then click on the 'Free
    texts' option.

Take Care!

Rocky
    O2 Customer Service

Telefonica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered
    Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX."

Like A Boss
    2010-07-25 02:23 PM
    Where did you get the 5Gb limit from? AFAIK O2 has always had a 1Gb FUP
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-25 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD