Ok so I've been having alot of issues with my iPhone 4 and I'd like a second opinion on my battery as well. Ok so when I first got the phone I let it run down and then charged it full. I charge it everynight but it seems to me it's draining rapid. Like today I took it off the charger at 10am and within the first two hours I'm down to 78%. All I did today was go onto the net a handful of times and had a 5 min phone call. Does that seem normal. I have nothing opened in the background and no push. Plus brightness set lower then half. I can't seem to go one full day on a full charge. Plus the battery gets real hot when I'm on it for an extended period of time. I really think I need to just return it. What do I think?
    2010-07-28 07:17 PM
    Are you multi tasking. That could be the problem. Make sure u r not in GPS mode.

I've noticed the battery is much better than the old one.

My battery will last all day even when using the iPhone for various things.
    Last edited by modmychuck; 2010-07-28 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-28 09:16 PM
    It's probably just you. I don't have my 4 yet but every review I see says even with heavy use it lasts beyond an entire day. With normal use one group got 38 hours.
    2010-07-29 05:54 PM
    By the way, a co-worker has the EVO. he says the battery sucks. He says it only lasts a few hours (A FEW HOURS!!)
    2010-07-29 05:56 PM
    yeah the first day i got it, the battery was about 80%, i did everything i possibly could to kill down that battery so i could give it a good full charge...it lasted me over two days till it died finally...but ever since i recharged it, it drains pretty quick compared to when first used it...i have absolutely nothing running in multitask, no push nothing.... i dunno i've been having some software issues with the phone freezing up and stuff, so i have bestbuy holding me a replacement phone once they get them in....i also did a restore to see if that helps

now i know there's no set rule into how to really properly charge the iphone....so the only thing i did as i said is when i got it, i ran it down til' it died then charged it full...should i have not let it die all the way? should i have charged it to full before i even used it? i'm curious what is the best way to charge the phone the first time?
    2010-07-29 08:38 PM
    Hmmm.. I've been told also to let it run down to nothing before charging it up again, though I've never done that intentionally.

I took my phone off the charger to go do some business for 3 hours. In that time I used the phone extensively , camera, Internet , emails, browsing, even a few downloads. When I returned to the office my battery was at 53%. I thinks that's not too bad. Not the best but not bad.
    My iPhone 4 overall seems to be working very well. I don't the problems others are describing with various issues.
    Dallas, TX
    2010-07-29 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD