to make a long story short, i have a 3gs 3.1.3 unlocked and jailbroken working fine... untill i got a little bit adventurous and tride to take these steps to get 4.0 apps from the app store (even when i was still on 3.1.3) Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkmonkey
    Your right it looks like there isn't a version available in Cydia yet to work with 4.x. You could use ifile and navigate to system/library/coreservices, scroll down to the SystemVersion.plist. Open that and change the ProductBuildVersion and ProductVersion to match that of 4.0 or 4.0.1. This is what firmware faker does only that does all the work for you by installing it.

ProductBuildVersion says 7E18

so I change that to 4.0?

Cause I changed the JUST the ProductVersion to 4.0 and then restarted it, but now it's in safe mode and won't get out.

EDIT: I got the app on the phone, thanks! BUT every time it opens, the flash screen pops up and then the app crashes. I changed the productversion and productbuildversion back to normal. Is there anyway of editing the actual app now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by lastactionhero; Yesterday at 11:28 AM..

lastactionhero
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to lastactionhero
    Visit lastactionhero's homepage!
    Find all posts by lastactionhero
    Add lastactionhero to Your Contacts

#9 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
    jkmonkey
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Device + Firmware: iPhone 3gs 4.0
    Operating System: Windows 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Change the product build version to 8A306 and the product version to 4.0.1. You have to change both.

What app is it that your trying to install?

cont. now im stuck at the spining wheel/apple logo. i was going to try to restore so i could jailbreak and unlock again but it tells me that i have to upgrade to the new firmware. can some one help me please???

and now im stuck at the apple logo/spinning wheel and when i connect it to cpu it says im om 4.0.1. and wont let me restore. is there any way around this before i make matters worse???
    thanks!
    Last edited by doc3045; 2010-07-29 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-29 09:23 AM
    Ok first what exactly did you change? Second which are you stuck on the apple or the spinning wheel?
    2010-07-29 04:25 PM
    should have downloaded FWchanger from cydia and let it do it for you.
    2010-07-29 04:27 PM
    Hopefully you have openssh installed so you'll be able to ssh into the phone otherwise a restore is the only option.

should have downloaded FWchanger from cydia and let it do it for you.
    The firmware changers in cydia only go up to 3.1.3. There isn't one yet for 4.0. That was the point of the thread he's quoting here, but the way he copied it here it's a little confusing to tell what was actually said.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-07-29 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-29 04:35 PM
    Hopefully you have openssh installed so you'll be able to ssh into the phone otherwise a restore is the only option.

The firmware changers in cydia only go up to 3.1.3. There isn't one yet for 4.0. That was the point of the thread he's quoting here, but the way he copied it here it's a little confusing to tell what was actually said.
    lol newb. There app called FWchanger lets you input any firmware number and build. If I wanted I could tell to to make apps think my ipod is on 5.0 build 1337.
    2010-07-29 08:59 PM
    lol newb. There app called FWchanger lets you input any firmware number and build. If I wanted I could tell to to make apps think my ipod is on 5.0 build 1337.
    Where can you get FWchanger. It's been gone from cydia for a long time.
    2010-07-29 09:09 PM
    really? I didn't know that. let me check. I'm sure that there are repos out there....

install through ssh http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...4&d=1211056995
    Last edited by moon#pie; 2010-07-29 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-29 09:13 PM
    I couldn't find one at all. I know it's deffinately gone from bigboss. I just now managed to find a place to download the .deb to manually install, but that's seem like more work than just manually editing the SystemVersion.plist

Ahh yeah that same link is what I found, but does FWchanger do anything other than just edit the SystemVersion.plist?
    I'm not trying to be a smart a**. I'm genuinely curious
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-07-29 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-29 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.