Hello all. I am new to the ModMyI Forums and I am glad to be a part of this community.

My 3GS is on firmware 3.1.3 JB'd by Spirit. For months now I've been using the phone and everything was working flawlessly.

Since yesterday night after I got back from a friend's house, I connected to my Wifi with my 3GS as usual and saw the the 3 full wifi bars. As I went onto an IM application that requires an internet connection, my accounts were not logged on. I took a look at the bar on top and the bars seemingly disappeared and it goes into an EDGE icon. I remember using my friends wifi point and it was working fine.

Everytime I go back into settings and view the wireless points, the point shows to be connected and the bars reappear. As soon as I go back into an application that requires a connection, the bar again disappear and goes back into EDGE. I do have a data plan for EDGE on TMobile, but I turn it off so I can use my Wifi which accesses site and etc. quicker.

Just today, I renewed the lease of my wifi point to see if it would work. Now even though the bars show and it says I'm connected to the point, none of the apps that use internet work. As I view the point in Settings > Wifi Networks, it onlys the IP Address and Subnet Mask. The rest which includes Router, DNS, etc. are blank and not filled.

Are there any solutions? Thank you for any suggestions.
    2010-08-01 11:54 PM
    Try to reset the network setting.
    Setting>general>reset>network.sometime it'll clear ur issue.
    2010-08-02 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD