ok so i love redsnow's custrom bootlogo feature and verbose boot aswell, im just wondering if i can run it after ive got my iPhone3G 4.0.1 "out of jail" with the new jailbreak (JailbreakMe)????
    Thanks in advance, Max

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-08-03 12:00 PM
    My guess is that it won't work after running JailbreakMe, but if you really want verbose and boot logos, you can just do a fresh restore and jailbreak with redsn0w, then choose the options you want.

Here's the newest redsn0w that'll jailbreak a 3G on 4.0.1 redsn0w 0.9.5 BETA [iPhone Dev Team]
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-03 04:16 PM
    lol thanks i already have it =]
    um, i dont c y i wouldnt work because its possible to run it after snowbreeze/ blackrain to add the bootlogos and verbose...
    im not gna risk it though, if anyone knows for definate let me know please!!
    P.S i sent Comex a msg asking so if i get one back ill post the reply on here

Blackra1ned
    2010-08-04 01:22 PM
    Well, the reason I believe it won't work is that Comex' jailbreak is in userland. Boot logos and verbose require lower level access. That also explains why it works with sn0wbreeze/pwnagetool/redsn0w/blackra1n (old bootrom 3GS) and not in Spirit or JailbreakMe.
    2010-08-04 02:02 PM
    you hit the nail on the head dhamien!! i already tried and it just failed, so annoying, i dont think its because it needs more access though, simply because we have root access with jailbreakme and correct me if im wrong but there isnt anything more than root?

Blackra1ned
    2010-08-06 06:39 PM
    you hit the nail on the head dhamien!! i already tried and it just failed, so annoying, i dont think its because it needs more access though, simply because we have root access with jailbreakme and correct me if im wrong but there isnt anything more than root?
    I don't know these things for certain, but I think that there's this boot chain that the phone goes through when it boots up. Each part of the chain will check the integrity of the next part meaning if anything is altered, the boot will halt and the phone won't start.

So, while it's possible to use the exploit to gain root access after the phone is booted, you can't alter any of the parts on this boot chain, and altering this is needed to insert the boot logos.

As I said at first, this is not something I know for certain, but I believe it's at least in the right direction of why boot logos won't work with the userland jailbreaks.
    2010-08-07 12:53 AM
    ok i see thanks for the help

Blackra1ned
    2010-08-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD