i got an iphone thats stuck in recovery mode and is giving me errors when trying to restore. if i dont got any reciept can i still go to apple store and ask for a replacment or for them to fix it?

not asking about advanced warrenty replacemnt
    2010-08-04 08:30 PM
    Depends on which model of the phone, and if it was jailbroken, etc. If it's a fully legit phone, they probably will swap it out.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-04 08:44 PM
    yeah. lol thanks neodude. following my threads??

and it isnt jailbroken
    2010-08-04 08:59 PM
    you know it. I would reckon if it's a 3GS or 4 they would. The only way to know is to try, I got my 4 swapped out fairly painlessly the other day because of a weird rattle.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-04 09:16 PM
    Just make an appointment with the genius bar, at worst they will say no, but first try everything you can, I had my iPod touch stuck in a recovery loop due to a restore accident yesterday, try connecting your iPhone to your comp, then holding down power button until its off, then hold home and power at same time until you hear a chime on your computer, (turn up your volume) then let go of power button and keep holding home button and iTunes should detect it, if everything is right your phone should be on a black screen and iTunes should detect it, this is dfu mode and should let your restore your phone. Also did you ever edit your hosts file? If you don't know what I'm talking about then you probably didn't, but if you did I suggest take out the line that connects to Sauriks server if you don't know what I'm talking about DON'T DO IT it might ruin your browser. And finally try restoring on a different computer, I had to do that once too, and it helped recover from the infinite recovery loop. If all else fails then go to the Apple store.
    2010-08-04 09:44 PM
    im going to apple store first, so i can exchange this atnt phone for a unlocked one.

if it fails ill take your steeps
    2010-08-04 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD