need your help my iphone is fecked and will not vibrate any more now what do i need to do to to get rid of the jailbreak just a normal restore and or will the genius bar be apple to detect that my phone was previously jailbroken ???
    2010-08-05 12:03 PM
    Can they detect it after a simple restore. Short answer no. Long answer yes with a but.

To my understanding, and please understand I am not a pro, that a restore wipes the jailbreak, and returns it to its non jailbroken condition.
    HOWEVER, just like any flash or magnetic media, files CAN be recovered, if they so do choose to. Will they do it before you leave with the new iPhone? Not a hope in hell. Will they do it at all? Probably again, not a hope in hell. Its just too much damn work to try and recover files to prove it has been jailbroken. They would waste too much money.

So yes, they CAN do it technically, but they wont.
    2010-08-05 01:25 PM
    cheers thanks ill do a restore tonight and take it back to apple cant believe my iphone 4 is gubbed :-(

ok got a problem ive restored the phone but upon boot up i still have the 2 lines that appear in each corner that you get when you have used the jailbreakme jailbreak any ideas how to get rid of this as i really need to take my phone back to apple
    Last edited by DeL1873; 2010-08-06 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-06 12:47 AM
    Try to restore it in DFU mode.

How to put your iPhone in DFU mode :

Connect your iPhone to your computer.

Turn iPhone off.

Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).

Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.

A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.

If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU. The screen will remain off(black) when in DFU mode.

Then do what you normally do.
    You can even try to download the firmware onto your desktop and then just hold shift and click restore to find and select it. You can download the firmware here in the download sections.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 2010-08-06 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-06 01:03 AM
    Go to settings - General - reset - erase all contact and settings. After do a restore.
    2010-08-06 01:12 AM
    I have never heard of anything about any lines appearing anywhere as a result of a jailbreak, however it's a 3gs I have, and not a 4. So sorry, I cannot personally help Amy further other then to say I would guess the lines are unrelated to jiailbrealing. However, that is a guess.
    2010-08-06 01:42 AM
    Also, don't restore from a backup
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-06 01:51 AM
    ok got it had to put it into dfu mode a little tricky but got there d/l the firmware to my desktop and restored it through dfu mode and now the lines have gone and i synced my phone from the last back up when it was working and everythings fine now for me to take it to apple and ask for a new handset for aslong they are unable to detect the phone was previously jailbroken i hope
    2010-08-06 02:05 AM
    What is wrong with the phone? Apple just swapped mine out on the spot when they saw my first had a hardware defect, they never even connected it to a computer.
    2010-08-06 02:08 AM
    its an iphone 4 and the vibration motor is knackerd some times the phone will vibrate other times it will not. and when some 1 is calling you if it does not vibrate you just give it a little slap on on the back and it starts vibrating again. ive missed so many calls and txts when the phone has been on silent asnd i was wondering how this happend and then i noticed the vibrate fault. i phoned my carrier today O2 uk and they have told me just to go to the apple store and ask for a replacement handset.
    2010-08-06 02:13 AM
    Yeah, they'll swap that out no problem. Mine had an odd rattle and they swapped it.
    2010-08-06 02:35 AM
    yip you where right had a quick look at it and they just issued me with a bran new iphone 4 well chuffed :-)
    2010-08-11 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.