Its like my lockscreen is having a small seizure everytime I hit the top button from the menu.

When I hit the top button to take me to my lockscreen while I am looking at the home menu it will lag out on me for half a second and go black and reset my lockscreen. I restored my iphone and jailbroke (using jailbreak me) for the second time. I only have cydia and winterboard installed and this is occuring again.

I have a 3gs using 4.0

anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Its sooooooo annoying
    Last edited by throwsumgame; 2010-08-05 at 08:29 PM.
    2010-08-05 08:22 PM
    - did you use any settings/themes in winterboard? try uninstalling and see if still happening

- how about hard reset?
    2010-08-05 08:39 PM
    Yeah i did a hard reset already.

Just checked. Its not winterboard, I removed winterboard and the lockscreen seizure still exists. What the heck I have no idea whats going on
    Last edited by throwsumgame; 2010-08-05 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-05 08:44 PM
    try restoring it to 4.0.1. and jailbreakme again, make sure when you jailbreak no apps running in multitask, reboot your phone and do the jailbreak. gl
    2010-08-05 08:55 PM
    I just realized when i restored it a few hours ago it auto updated to 4.0.1

I just restored for a second time, but havent jailbroken again yet, i'm going to wait for another solution from a user on this forum
    Last edited by throwsumgame; 2010-08-05 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-05 09:43 PM
    i see.. now you just restored it the problem still occurs?
    2010-08-05 09:48 PM
    I restored it the first time and jailbroke it again. The problem reoccured after about 5 minutes, A few minutes after I installed Winterboard. I just restored it again, but have yet to jailbreak it once more, until someone knows a solution.
    2010-08-05 09:55 PM
    I've had the same problem since using Jailbreakme. It happens usually when I hit the top button to awaken my iPhone. The screen will flicker, or just flash on and immediately off. Then I hit it again or the home key, and it may do it again, or just awaken. Either way it's annoying and really does look like my phone's having a seizure. I've been noticing lots of bugs, but I'm not sure it's directly related to software not being updated for 4.0.1 or to jailbreakme. I suspect winterboard is the cause of alot of the issues. Hopefully Saurik gets his fix up and running soon for the new firmware.
    2010-08-05 10:42 PM
    Yup thats my exact problem. Let me know when you find a solution for this, it's extremely annoying.
    2010-08-06 08:54 PM
    Same here.
    Iphone 4 after jailbreakme
    I restored and tried without any mods - working great
    After just jailbreaking and installing Cydia it started again!!

It seems to be a problem with Cydia or Jailbreakme.

Waiting for solution...
    2010-08-07 07:12 PM
    I had this problem. I'm really new to jailbreaking. This is what I did:

Tried respring, didn't help
    Uninstalled themes, didn't help
    Uninstalled sbsettings, didn't help (this started AFTER installing sbsettings)
    Uninstalled winterboard, didn't help.

I kept locking and unlocking, noticed it didn't always do it. In fact it only did it depending on where I was in the room... sounds weird but I went into options, disabled automatic brightness and it was fixed. Rebooted, still fixed. Re-enabled automatic brightness, still fixed. Not sure if it was that, but anyone having this problem can try and see if it helps them. It seems to be what "fixed" it for me.
    2010-08-08 08:35 PM
    if anyone can confirm that fix let me know ^^^ I couldnt take it and ended up downgrading to 3.1.3
    2010-08-09 01:15 AM
    I had this problem. I'm really new to jailbreaking. This is what I did:

Tried respring, didn't help
    Uninstalled themes, didn't help
    Uninstalled sbsettings, didn't help (this started AFTER installing sbsettings)
    Uninstalled winterboard, didn't help.

I kept locking and unlocking, noticed it didn't always do it. In fact it only did it depending on where I was in the room... sounds weird but I went into options, disabled automatic brightness and it was fixed. Rebooted, still fixed. Re-enabled automatic brightness, still fixed. Not sure if it was that, but anyone having this problem can try and see if it helps them. It seems to be what "fixed" it for me.
    I had my i4 set as automatic brightnes off anyway. Tried to switch on and off.
    No diference
    Not working for me.
    Still lagging on lock screen.

Hello

just found a solution for myself, hope it will help some others.

I always used to replace my fonts in my iPhone.
    So I did with my i4.
    I just restored my LockClock font to original and suddenly its working perfect.
    Then putted my modded again and its lagging!!

It was a f...ing font file that caused so much trubble!!

Thanks and good luck with yours

p.s. Looks like a lockclock font from 3gs is not fully compatible with i4??
    Last edited by neo61uk; 2010-08-09 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD