is everyone that's having this issue own the iPhone 4 32GB? or are there some 16GB versions have this issue as well?

- i do not have ultrasn0w installed. i had it installed on my original iPhone 4, even got that update for it that was supposed to fix battery drain and it didn't improve. now on a new iPhone i get the same problem

- i tested my phone, charged it to 50% and charged my brother's to 47%. then we just used them normally from about 9PM last night until 5AM and i was down to 17% and he had only gone down to 39%. he was streaming videos, checking facebook, has themes/winterboard, has SBSettings, has all of the crap we would normally have. i don't have any of that. again the only difference is that he has not updated his packages in Cydia to the latest versions. is there maybe a package in Cydia making some irreversible change? (example: MakeItMine carrier name does this)

- my iPhone 4 32GB's model number is MC605C. how about people that aren't having this issue, is your model # different? is everybody's the same? i'm grasping at straws now.
    2010-08-16 06:41 PM
    I removed and reinstalled so many things over the weekend. I can't point my finger at any one thing in particular.

I have a 32GB iPhone 4. My model # is MC610LL.
    Last edited by onefish2; 2010-08-16 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-16 06:53 PM
    I've just moved back to up MS 3228 on friday, the battery performance seems to be the same as 3226, so theres no point in downgrading anymore IMHO.

I did however notice that I am not experiencing this same battery drain on my ipad using the same jailbreak. This includes using SBsettings and it's payload apps on top of the current MS.
    2010-08-16 06:54 PM
    Has anyone tried what i last posted? I am jailbroken and unlocked and i am experiencing NO battery drain .....
    2010-08-16 07:09 PM
    Has anyone tried what i last posted? I am jailbroken and unlocked and i am experiencing NO battery drain .....
    are you using a 16GB? what's your model number? is everything in Cydia updated to the latest version?
    2010-08-16 07:17 PM
    I'm apt to believe it is jailbreak-related, but maybe not any different between versions of mobilesubstrate. Any 3G restrictions/FaceTime, etc. would have no baring on a 3GS running EDGE (wifi 24/7), which is what a lot of us ultrasn0w users are doing.
    2010-08-16 07:39 PM
    Ok guys...so did a 2 hour test....on standby...with only wifi on....no push no 3g no data....a drop of 0% .....this is muchh better than before. I really think it is a problem in the Mobilesubstrate file. but this is a guess.

Anyways, I am posting the link the 2 .deb files. You need to first uninstall ultrasn0w from cydia. Then download openSSH. no toggle necessary....i just downloaded without sbsettings. To find out the host(ip address) just go to your wifi and click the blue arrow, and it will be there. 192.168.x.xxx Ok so you need to transfer the .deb files and put them in private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. If the Cydia/AutoInstall directory is not there, then you create them. For eg. in mine after I went into Media, there was nothing, so I right clicked made a new folder Cydia, then clicked into Cydia, and made a folder AutoInstall. Then go into the AutoInstall folder. Drag both the .deb files into here. Once the files are in, you need to restart your phone twice...first for Cydia to install the files and the second for Ultrasn0w to work. and yes you can keep the non at&t sim card in the whole time. no problem.

All that is different is this is a previous mobilesubstrate version...and it helps...so hope this works for you all as it did for me!

PS - hope you all know how to SSH..lol if not youtube it. reply if it works or doesn't work!

and a 1% drop just happened....Usage: 4 Minutes Standby : 2hours 8 min.

the link..i almost forgot...haha

ultrasn0w unlock.rar
    Hi everybody,

I didn't read the entire thread but I tried to downgrade mobilesubstrate and it's really better
    On a iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 with notifications on, 4 mails accounts (2 IMAP and 2 push) and between 5 to 15 calls a day, I've got almost 2 1/2 days from full charge. Better than less than 24 hours since the jailbreak...

Sam
    2010-08-16 07:45 PM
    Hi everybody,

I didn't read the entire thread but I tried to downgrade mobilesubstrate and it's really better
    On a iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 with notifications on, 4 mails accounts (2 IMAP and 2 push) and between 5 to 15 calls a day, I've got almost 2 1/2 days from full charge. Better than less than 24 hours since the jailbreak...

Sam
    I have push on and one IMAP email and I dont get 2 and a half days of full use. What are your usage statistics now from the settings app?
    2010-08-16 07:51 PM
    has anyone established what a normal statistic actually is for a jailbroken user and non jailbroken user?
    I'm assuming most people are comparing their usage to apple's stats or are most people just 'feeling' like it's going faster.
    2010-08-16 07:54 PM
    My phone has started draining again, not installed anything significant in the last few days, just out of the blue. I've also noticed my iPad battery life is significantly less than when it was previously jailbroken with spirit. Looks like it's time to restore and start again.
    2010-08-16 08:06 PM
    We need everyone who has downgraded mobilesubstrate with ultrasn0w to chime in.

If that's the culprit, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out between a simple comparison. I've started a new polled thread for it. Just take a minute and chip in your 2.

As far as "normal statistics" go, we've all seen Apple's numbers. Apple makes little-to-no mention of gaming/apps/notifications, so we're on our own there. In general, with mixed use (three-way split between apps/calls/messaging) and all radios on, I've gotten between 6-7 hours of usage, which usually translates to 12-15 hours of total phone-not-plugged-in time before I get anxious.
    2010-08-16 08:08 PM
    FWIW don't downgrade your MS to 3226 on your ipad unless you want it to boot into a large ipod touch after every reboot. You can respring to get the ipad display back, but its still an annoyance.
    2010-08-16 08:53 PM
    i may be wrong, kidblue, but this seems to be an issue with iPhone 4's and (maybe) the jailbreak. i mean, i shouldn't even have to worry about my battery. i should be able to go "oh, well that's low" every day or two and give it a charge but i'm not able to do that. i was able to do that on my 3G. i've had two iPhone 4s that can't even stand light usage throughout the day.

Example: checking battery % via lockscreen, sending a text message maybe once every few hours. checking my email once every hour. no calls. opening facebook and just checking messages.
    this is probably the lightest usage possible on an iPhone 4.

the phone should last for days with that kind of usage.
    2010-08-16 08:58 PM
    i said like on page 15 it was a JB problem...
    2010-08-16 09:05 PM
    i may be wrong, kidblue, but this seems to be an issue with iPhone 4's and (maybe) the jailbreak. i mean, i shouldn't even have to worry about my battery. i should be able to go "oh, well that's low" every day or two and give it a charge but i'm not able to do that. i was able to do that on my 3G. i've had two iPhone 4s that can't even stand light usage throughout the day.
    Example: checking battery % via lockscreen, sending a text message maybe once every few hours. checking my email once every hour. no calls. opening facebook and just checking messages.
    this is probably the lightest usage possible on an iPhone 4.

the phone should last for days with that kind of usage.
    I don't disagree, and your experience sounds really extreme. That said, push notifications have been purported to cost +20% of battery life compared to polling or fetching manually. Facebook, email, those things can add up.

You seem to be experiencing something extreme - Do you have a jailbreak/unlock?
    2010-08-16 11:07 PM
    I don't disagree, and your experience sounds really extreme. That said, push notifications have been purported to cost +20% of battery life compared to polling or fetching manually. Facebook, email, those things can add up.

You seem to be experiencing something extreme - Do you have a jailbreak/unlock?

it seems to be yeah, i'm down to 69% right now with light usage from 10am - 5:30pm. pretty significant drop.
    at 5:30, 69% battery, i have turned off push completely (was set to Hourly before) and we'll see. i do not have unlock, but i am jailbroken.
    2010-08-16 11:34 PM
    From my experience, anything using a radio and the screen - i.e. messaging/browsing all the way to obvious drainers like a game - will go through about 1%/3-4 minutes. I don't know if that's within reason, but that's what I've found.
    2010-08-17 12:09 AM
    I just compared my JB i4 with a coworker's unJB i4

She had 87%, I had 84% battery...and with just 1 more hour of standby. I had 1 minute more of use (which isn't a big deal).

So I'm happy with my battery life!
    2010-08-17 12:14 AM
    Been stock for a few days and I'm still getting 3GS-like battery life. I also haver a 32 gig, im going to Apple tomorrow.
    iLive an iLife
    2010-08-17 12:27 AM
    Been stock for a few days and I'm still getting 3GS-like battery life. I also haver a 32 gig, im going to Apple tomorrow.
    What's "3GS-like battery life", just for example?
    2010-08-17 01:35 AM
688 ... 182627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD