Well, there was an issue with MobileSubstrate and Skype a while back and saurik released a fix for it. After that, many people noticed Google Maps was freezing on them whenever they hit the settings tab, and saurik worked on another MobileSubstrate update to fix that. Apparently what we're theorizing now is that the new MobileSubstrate is the cause of the battery drainage with ultrasn0w... It so far looks to be true. My phone has been on standby for an hour with still 100%, whereas when I used the updated MobileSubstrate I would have lost 3-5% already.
    2010-08-08 10:30 PM
    Just throwing this out there, but it may not just be ultrasn0w, it may solely be MobileSubstrate; I don't have it and my battery still seems to drain faster than normal.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-08 10:33 PM
    i am not running the unlock, only the jailbrake, and my battery is draining quick. I left my home at 8 this morning, and by 3:30 pm my phone turned off. I only made a few phone calls, and surfed the web a few times, nothing major. No apps open in the background, no gps.

This is very, very odd. Hoping to get this fixed asap.
    2010-08-08 10:45 PM
    wow i spoke too soon.... it went to 98 after 1 hr 10 min haha
    2010-08-08 10:48 PM
    Well, there was an issue with MobileSubstrate and Skype a while back and saurik released a fix for it. After that, many people noticed Google Maps was freezing on them whenever they hit the settings tab, and saurik worked on another MobileSubstrate update to fix that. Apparently what we're theorizing now is that the new MobileSubstrate is the cause of the battery drainage with ultrasn0w... It so far looks to be true. My phone has been on standby for an hour with still 100%, whereas when I used the updated MobileSubstrate I would have lost 3-5% already.

Thank's a lot for your explanation!
    I'm the one of them, who had this problem with Google Mapps.. This morning I've installed 2 updates Cydia has offered to me. Unfortunately I don't remember what was the apps name... but, right now I've tried Maps apps - and it;s work just fine!

I've tried to find MobileSubstrate apps in the list of apps installed via Cydia (actually I haven't installed anything, all of them I've got when did JB and unlock), but didn't find this app. Does it have any other name in this Cydia list?
    2010-08-08 10:59 PM
    oh dear, 1 hour 30 minutes now and i have 95% left... so i lost 5 % the last 30 min??
    2010-08-08 11:06 PM
    wow i spoke too soon.... it went to 98 after 1 hr 10 min haha

it's propped 2% for 1 hous of standby mode or in using time? Do you have unlock or/and JB? wi-fi, push off?

If it was in standby - that's sucks too, 'coz it supposed to prop 2% for 5 hours according Apple specifications (250-300 hrs standby)
    2010-08-08 11:07 PM
    Get this..My batt was at 0 about 20 min ago...Now it is at 50%. I'm pretty sure I've never had my bat go from 0 to 50% in 20 minutes..

I wonder if something is messed up with the batt meter....
    2010-08-08 11:13 PM
    it's propped 2% for 1 hous of standby mode or in using time? Do you have unlock or/and JB? wi-fi, push off?

If it was in standby - that's sucks too, 'coz it supposed to prop 2% for 5 hours according Apple specifications (250-300 hrs standby)

Standby. I have unlock on, every other feature off. I downgraded my mobilesubstrate manually, but i think I will try to downgrade it by one more version and see what happens.
    2010-08-08 11:23 PM
    I have wifi, 3G, winterboard, sbsettings, brightness at like 60%, one push app, no ultraslow and my stats are as follows:

Usuage: 2hrs 55 mins
    Standby: 7hrs 25 mins
    Currently at 58% battery
    2010-08-08 11:23 PM
    Get this..My batt was at 0 about 20 min ago...Now it is at 50%. I'm pretty sure I've never had my bat go from 0 to 50% in 20 minutes..

I wonder if something is messed up with the batt meter....
    try to use SBSettings app and switch on battery numbers. Sometimes this app shows different amount comparing original iphone battery indicator.

I have wifi, 3G, winterboard, sbsettings, brightness at like 60%, one push app, no ultraslow and my stats are as follows:

Usuage: 2hrs 55 mins
    Standby: 7hrs 25 mins
    Currently at 58% battery

It's complicated to understand the results of "usage" in total battery drain. Could you please try just to check how much does it drop just for 3 hours of standby mode with no activity and wi-fi, 3g, push, bluetooth off? Thank's buddy.
    Last edited by voset; 2010-08-08 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-08 11:40 PM
    MobileSubstrate apps: cydia/manage/packages and press SIMPLE (top right) and you will see in the list
    2010-08-08 11:58 PM
    MobileSubstrate apps: cydia/manage/packages and press SIMPLE (top right) and you will see in the list
    Thank's.
    is this app part of JB or UL process? it definitely has NOT been installed by me, but JB or UL process

What's you battery drain statistics ?
    2010-08-09 12:27 AM
    I think the moral of the story is if your not getting around 6 hours of usage jb or not with all your normal stuff on then you have a battery leak
    2010-08-09 12:35 AM
    Yea. I get about 9 hours of usage on my 4.
    2010-08-09 12:37 AM
    I'm going to do a full restore on my phone, and then re-break it again. What is the best way to do this? (I've never done this before.) Do I restore from itunes, or restore from backup?

After I restore, then can I sync a backup, or set up as a new phone? I have a ton of apps set up in ways I like them (Lots of apps arranged in folders in very certain ways) This takes FOREVER to set up. Is there anyway to keep all of these settings or am I going to have to redo everything to get it back to the way it is now?
    2010-08-09 12:38 AM
    Set up as a new phone. Otherwise if you do have a battery leak it will still be present in the back up. Trust me it's happened to me before.
    2010-08-09 12:40 AM
    Ok, but after you restore as a new phone how do you remember how all your apps were set up? (folders, what apps you had on your phone, etc?)

How do you get your cydia apps back?

Is there anyway to keep your text messages?
    2010-08-09 12:41 AM
    I guess your gonna have to write them down. If you meant purchased cydia apps, yes. All you have to do is hit the purchase button, sign in, and it will let you download again no charge. And nope, text messages will be gone.
    2010-08-09 12:45 AM
    There's no way to back up the messages and keep them in the phone, but you can download SMS2Mail from Cydia to backup all your texts to an e-mail if you want.

As for Cydia apps, there's some app in Cydia that allows you to back them up but I forgot the name of it...

As for your other apps, you will just have to take screenshots of your phone right now before you restore it, then manually put them all back in.
    2010-08-09 12:45 AM
688 ... 3456715 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD