I'm also noticing a good amour of battery drop. Before jailbreak I didn't have to resort to charging it hardly at all on normal usage (Internet, Facebook, I even have a few FaceTime calls) and now I have to do a charge because about halfway thru the day I'll be close if not below 20%.

Makes me wonder..

I am not using ultrasn0w. I'll investigate more but I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one.
    2010-08-09 03:15 AM
    ok ... its been an hour ... battery went from 60% to 56% ... 4% drop ... i dunno if this is the same as before or not ... none the less im still not happy ......... I got Push OFF, Push Alerts OFF, Location Services for everything but TOMTOM and Maps OFF, Screen at 50% with AUto Dim ON. WIFI & Bluetooth OFF. WTFFFF .... ill find out in abit how much better it is than with MobilSubstrate 3228 ... ill post my results later ..
    2010-08-09 04:03 AM
    Ok, I did a full, fresh, restore...then installed my apps. Then I jailbroke. Downloaded 3gunrestrictor, and bitesms.

I used it for a bit, left push on, location services on, bluetooth, and wifi off, and sat it on the table for an hour. I went from 83% to 82% (which I'm assuming is normal for one hour of stand by time with those options on, right?)

If so, It would appear (for now) that things are better...
    2010-08-09 04:13 AM
    i too was getting really bad battery drain but never installed ultrasnow.. i have mywi 3G Restrictor and my3G .. i uninstalled 3G Restictor and disabled my3G and now my battery is back to normal .. So i would say it is due to 3G Restictor and my3G.... try it i really do think its the problem !
    2010-08-09 04:23 AM
    i too was getting really bad battery drain but never installed ultrasnow.. i have mywi 3G Restrictor and my3G .. i uninstalled 3G Restictor and disabled my3G and now my battery is back to normal .. So i would say it is due to 3G Restictor and my3G.... try it i really do think its the problem !
    I dont have 3G Restrictor or MY3G and my phone is consuming 5% battery per hour on standby with everything off and airplane mode on.
    2010-08-09 04:31 AM
    I'm thinking it's 3G unrestrictor as well. Ever since I installed it I have noticed battery drain also. By just reading this thread with NOTHING running in the background, my battery dropped 1% in 3 minutes (from 18 to 17%).

This was a HUGE reason I didn't want to JB the i4. My 3G JB was terrible with battery life and was super slow. I loved how the i4 resolved these issues, but it is understandable that with more use, more battery drain will occur.
    2010-08-09 04:34 AM
    You know what I think it is, now that OUR phones are jailbroken we are now spending much more time on the phones. Which obviously drains more battery..I know before I was jailbroken I didnt spend as much time on my phone as I do now. As silly as it sounds its true on my behalf, always searching modmyi for any cool new themes, installing/uninstalling and trying out different apps etc

Edit: about the battery being drained ten percent or more overnight im not experiencing that. if im fully charged i may wake up at 96% 97% or so which i believe is normal.
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-08-09 at 04:48 AM.
    2010-08-09 04:42 AM
    You know what I think it is, now that OUR phones are jailbroken we are now spending much more time on the phones. Which obviously drains more battery - I know before I was jailbroken I didnt spend as much time on my phone as I do now.
    Ya but some people here are noticing losing 5% or more in one hour of NOT using their phone (standby) issue is still unclear, and I don't think the devs know about this.
    2010-08-09 04:44 AM
    You know what I think it is, now that OUR phones are jailbroken we are now spending much more time on the phones. Which obviously drains more battery..I know before I was jailbroken I didnt spend as much time on my phone as I do now. As silly as it sounds its true on my behalf, always searching modmy for any cool new themes, installing/uninstalli ng and trying out different apps.
    No, something IS wrong!!
    2010-08-09 04:46 AM
    I have a feeling its something other than mobilesubrate, although it appears 3228 doesnt help either.

I tested mine iP4 restore as new phone, batt drain not present. Installed JB and NOTHING else, battery drain present
    2010-08-09 04:51 AM
    Jailbreaking has always had a noticeable negative effect on iDevice battery life. Why is this such an issue all of a sudden?
    2010-08-09 04:52 AM
    I don't think it has to do with how much we use our phones...as many people are testing on STANDBY with all settings off....so

Okay just woke up, was at 66% before I went to sleep. now at 50%...roughly 8 hours of standby....and lost 16%....so thats about 1 percent drop every half hour on standby with everything off...wifi/3g/etc. This is still not good...but better than when i had 3228 on here...I guess I am gonna a try previous version of mobilesubstrate 3209 maybe...
    2010-08-09 04:53 AM
    Jailbreaking has always had a noticeable negative effect on iDevice battery life. Why is this such an issue all of a sudden?
    Yes, but numbers like Simon posted? yikes
    2010-08-09 04:55 AM
    Understandable, but as with every other summer, a new os + new device requires new coding and with that new coding comes the usual memory leaks in the first few versions. Give it time and things will be gradually fixed.
    2010-08-09 05:00 AM
    no dude trust me because yesterday i barely used my phone at all and it drained so fast that it was crazy .... I'm telling you guys just uninstall 3G unrestrictor my3G oh and sbsettings and i bet it will be back to normal
    2010-08-09 05:03 AM
    no dude trust me because yesterday i barely used my phone at all and it drained so fast that it was crazy .... I'm telling you guys just uninstall 3G unrestrictor my3G oh and sbsettings and i bet it will be back to normal
    For those experiencing a drain after just the JB with nothing else...thats odd, might want to try a restore. But for anyone with any of packages that need mobilesubstrate...i think there is a problem. So lets just hope saurik comes out with an update for mobilesubstrate. Anyone tested a previous mobilesubstrate on the iphone 4 other than 3226??? On my phone 3226>3228

and maybe its not just mobilesubstrate...not really qualified in the hacking scene enough to say that...but thats my opinion after trial and error for the past few days. And please tweet the dev team! nicely that is..
    2010-08-09 05:10 AM
    There are memory leaks, that's a fact. The jailbreak has only been out for a week. Give it time.
    2010-08-09 05:11 AM
    For those experiencing a drain after just the JB with nothing else...thats odd, might want to try a restore. But for anyone with any of packages that need mobilesubstrate...i think there is a problem. So lets just hope saurik comes out with an update for mobilesubstrate. Anyone tested a previous mobilesubstrate on the iphone 4 other than 3226??? On my phone 3226>3228

and maybe its not just mobilesubstrate...not really qualified in the hacking scene enough to say that...but thats my opinion after trial and error for the past few days. And please tweet the dev team! nicely that is..
    I know its odd, but I restored to new 4 times over the weekend and same result everytime. I email comex and he said there is no code running straight after the JB, but it happens.

paganizonda83 has a point, JB is fairly new on a new device on a new iOS. I would love stock power consumption but JB offers so many more benefits, I will patiently wait for the Dev Team to hopefully address this issue.
    I also find power consumption better on 3226. I have tweeted saurik nicely and pointed him to this thread, hopefully he will release some info soon.
    2010-08-09 05:15 AM
    Again, no it won't be alright. I don't have any of those and still lose 5% battery per hour on standby with everything off and phone on airplane mode.

Some definitely is wrong, there is NO DOUBT about that at all!!

I never had this battery issue with my jailbroken and unlocked 3gs.

My ip4 had awesome battery life before the jailbreak and unlock. The difference is HUGE!!
    2010-08-09 05:22 AM
    Again, no it won't be alright. I don't have any of those and still lose 5% battery per hour on standby with everything off and phone on airplane mode.

Some definitely is wrong, there is NO DOUBT about that at all!!

I never had this battery issue with my jailbroken and unlocked 3gs.

My ip4 had awesome battery life before the jailbreak and unlock. The difference is HUGE!!
    Have you tried downgrading to Mobilesubrate 3226?
    2010-08-09 05:24 AM
688 ... 5678917 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD