User Tag List

View Poll Results: Your iPhone 4 battery life...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is noticeably better

6 54.55%
  • Is about the same

2 18.18%
  • Is noticeably worse

2 18.18%
  • If only I had an iPhone 4....

1 9.09%
    Hi,

When I go to sleep, my iPhone 4 will be on 100% battery life. 8 to 9hrs later when i wake up, it's on about 80%.

No multitasking apps running (Multitasking bar is empty). Bluetooth off. WiFi & 3G on.

My iPhone 4 is jailbroken, only have SBSettings and BiteSMS installed. No Winterboard or themes.

My old 3GS in the same scenario, i would wake up and it'd be on like 95% battery.

I'm wondering if this is a general iPhone 4 battery usage, or may be an issue with my iPhone 4? The next step i am going to try and restore back to factory settings and see if the battery life changes at all.

Soo.. iPhone 4 users, what's your experience like with the iP4 battery?

Cheers,
    2010-08-09 06:20 AM
    There are 2 threads trying to narrow down this issue, some say its the unlock, some say mobilesubstrate. There are also a few other ideas, but nothing solid yet.

My battery life sux by the way!
    Last edited by kmmxracer; 2010-08-09 at 06:41 AM.
    2010-08-09 06:39 AM
    I get about 9 hours of usage and I can go to sleep for 6-8 hours and wake up on the same percentage. All I have installed from cydia is five icon dock ATM. So it's defiantly not mobile substrate.
    2010-08-12 11:36 PM
    I see this all the time on thread that people will be at 100 percent and when they wake up there battery is drained.

What I have a hard time understanding is why is your phone at 100 percent before you go to bed and why do you take it off charge when you go to sleep. I can never answer this question cause I use my phone during the day and charge while I'm sleeping. My phone is never idle for very long as I'm always doing something on it but what I do know is I get from 7-9 hrs of usage out of my phone depending on what I was doing with it.

So my phone always lasts from about 830 am to 12am with about 10% left
    2010-08-12 11:52 PM
    I tested mine out. Charged it 100% left in in standby for 8 hours and woke up with it still being 100% with like 3 mins of use I'm guessing my push apps. I don't have the unlock but I do have sbsettings and a few push items going (not mail though)
    2010-08-13 05:28 AM
    I see this all the time on thread that people will be at 100 percent and when they wake up there battery is drained.

What I have a hard time understanding is why is your phone at 100 percent before you go to bed and why do you take it off charge when you go to sleep. I can never answer this question cause I use my phone during the day and charge while I'm sleeping. My phone is never idle for very long as I'm always doing something on it but what I do know is I get from 7-9 hrs of usage out of my phone depending on what I was doing with it.

So my phone always lasts from about 830 am to 12am with about 10% left
    Ive done that plenty of times. Ive heard way too many stories of USB fires.
    2010-08-13 08:19 AM
    I disabled push for Mail.app, and it remained at 100% after 10 hours of standby (overnight)

Very impressive
    2010-08-13 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD