I jail broke my 3g 4 months ago. While J/b I installed a theme that required I get I blanks I believe. Anyway, shortly after the J/B on the 3g, I got a 3GS. I decided to leave it factory. Well when I synced the 3gs, I got 7 pages of blank I cons. I have not been able to get rid of them since. After deleting them several times, they still return. They will not go away

Fast forward to now. I have a 4th Gen I phone, and as soon as I synced it for the first time, I got all those pages with blank icons again.

I have tried everything to fix this issue. I have searched the web. Everything I have found that pertains to correcting this issue states I have to Jailbreak again.

I currently donít want to J/B the I phone 4, but these pages are irritating me. Every time I download a new app, who knows what page it will get put on.

Does anyone know how to fix this without J/B? If I must J/b then I guess I will, but it doesnít make sense. I have changed phones 3 times, and every phone has the problem after I sync. Should I dump my I tunes, and start over? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys
    Tom
    2010-08-10 08:34 AM
    possible problem could be with itunes. when you sync apps in itunes on the right do icons still look blank? try reseting all history and cache , maybe delete all remotes in itunes. seemed to help in my case with 3gs. i think i caused the problem by trying to sync apps kinda twice as first had either a user or software problem.
    2010-08-10 08:57 AM
    I had a similar problem with a theme that I used SSH to install. It was one of those annoying to set up iNav themes and when I decided it wasn't worth the effort and put everything back the way it was before, all of the blanks kept coming back.
    I used SSH and navigated to the folder /private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips
    and checked in there and there were the blank apps just waiting to be restored every time I rebooted or re-sprung it. So use SSH or iFile to check that folder and have a look. I think they were actually web page shortcuts that were made to create automatic blank apps for the theme I was using, so if you see any web shortcuts in there delete them.
    That's all I can think of. There is no reason for them to keep reappearing unless something still on the phone is generating them each time it starts up.
    2010-08-12 02:22 PM
    If you install cydelete you can remove apps from cydia(including blanks) the same way you remove iTunes apps. Just hold to wiggle then hit the x.
    2010-08-12 04:09 PM
    If you install cydelete you can remove apps from cydia(including blanks) the same way you remove iTunes apps. Just hold to wiggle then hit the x.
    Yeah that will work if you created them with iBlank and everybody should install Cydelete but if they appeared along with an installed theme, they will most likely reappear every time you reboot or respring. This is when you need to go looking through folders for something that is creating them automatically.
    2010-08-13 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD