Its out and it is great!!!

It is the option on the phone that asks you to call ATT or go onto account settings. Now tethering is so much easier without Rock or MyWi. Go purchase this!!

TetherMe
    2010-08-15 06:17 PM
    I purchased Tetherme through Cydia and I don't see the option to enable tethering in Settings - General - Network.

I'm trying to use Bluetooth to tether my iPad to my iPhone to use my WiFi only iPad on 3G using my iPhone.

My iPhone is a 32 GB 3GS on 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. I used to have the Tethering option when I was on 3.0.1 using a profile from BENM.AT.

I also have MyWi on my iPhone. Does that cause Tetherme to not work? I purchased both Tetherme and MyWi because I wanted to use the lower battery drain bluetooth tethering for the iPad and still have the option for WiFi hotspot for use with other devices. I purchsed iTether for my iPad.
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well
    2010-09-17 07:57 PM
    I found a way to enable tethering on my iPhone. It's pretty complicated. You need to install a Comm Manager patch and edit several plist files. I would have been happy to have paid $2 for tetherme if it would have avoided that complicated process. I guess I could have saved the $2 and done it for free. The thread has a subjet of 'Tethering' and is in the AT&T forum under iPhone modding. Hopefully this link will take you there.

http://modmyi.com/forums/t/720195-tethering.html
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well
    2010-09-19 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD