I have 16GB Iphone - factory unlocked and jailbroken... but it is driving me crazy that the baterry drains literraly by the hour... I have killed all the processes running in the background, but it still drains too quickly... any suggestions on how to fix this?
    2010-08-16 08:54 AM
    I get about 8-9 hours usage. What jailbroken apps/tweaks do you have?
    Exactly what are your battery stats?
    2010-08-16 09:46 AM
    I get about 8-9 hours usage. What jailbroken apps/tweaks do you have?
    Exactly what are your battery stats?

I got only the apps that cydia installs by default, no other tweaks/appps... I maybe getting about 24 hours standby time which is even less that the 1 gen i used to have... I'm beginning to think that it is because of the jailbreak... any suggestions ?
    2010-08-16 09:53 AM
    I don't think it's the jailbreak. My iphone 4 has been jailbroken since jailbreakme 2.0 came out.
    I would do a restore and then set it up as a new phone. One time on my 3G this exact same thing happened and that fixed up. Restoring from a back up might carry the bug/glitch back into your phone.
    2010-08-16 10:19 AM
    I don't think it's the jailbreak. My iphone 4 has been jailbroken since jailbreakme 2.0 came out.
    I would do a restore and then set it up as a new phone. One time on my 3G this exact same thing happened and that fixed up. Restoring from a back up might carry the bug/glitch back into your phone.
    I did a restore, set it up as a new phone... still got the same issue...
    2010-08-16 11:10 AM
    Huh that's weird. Maybe do an experiment and run without a jailbreak for day. If the battery drainage is still present then it's probably a hardware issue.

Are you sure you don't have anything else installed from cydia besides the default files?
    2010-08-16 11:36 AM
    Huh that's weird. Maybe do an experiment and run without a jailbreak for day. If the battery drainage is still present then it's probably a hardware issue.

Are you sure you don't have anything else installed from cydia besides the default files?
    Yep, I'm sure... I was wandering if there is a way so that I can see running daemons and processes... ?
    2010-08-16 12:12 PM
    In this thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...lbreak-35.html

Someone in there is using an app called istat from the AppStore. You can probably find alot more info there. Alot of people are having the same problem.
    2010-08-16 12:27 PM
    In this thread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...lbreak-35.html

Someone in there is using an app called istat from the AppStore. You can probably find alot more info there. Alot of people are having the same problem.
    Disconnected from the charger this morning, now after 6 hours, I'm on 87% ...
    2010-08-16 01:13 PM
    Having the same problem here, any ideas?

2010-10-15 06:21 PM

This is probably your best option. Restore and set up as new with no JB. If it drains then it's gotta be an Apple issue.
    If not, restore as new, then JB again, put in Cydia apps one at a time then watch for the drain. It's time consuming but may give you the answer to your problem. I had to restore and set up as new because I had the same issue with drain. Works fine now.
    2010-10-15 07:26 PM
    I will post this again in this thread.

To all the people with battery draining issues, are you restoring and "set up as new phone" after jailbreaking? If you restore with an old backup you are prone to problems.

My suggestion is this:

1. Go into your iTunes folder and delete the latest firmware file.

2. Plug in your iPhone to iTunes and when you get the pop up window asking you to download the software say yes and install. This will restore your phone with a factory fresh install of the iOS.

3. Once you are up and running and iTunes asks you if you want to restore from a backup or set up as a new phone select the "Set up as new phone"

4. Jailbreak and have fun!
    2010-10-16 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD