I've not seen this problem before on the many times I've jailbroken my iPhone 3GS and I don't see it mentioned elsewhere in the forums. Whenever I touch a link whether it's in an email, SMS message, web page, etc. it pops up an error saying:

Unsupported URL
    The URL wasn't loaded:
    life://www...

(sample screen capture attached)

The only way I've been able to make the links act normally is if I reboot the phone in Safe Mode via SBSettings.
    Has anyone else seen this and discovered a fix?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...
    2010-08-17 07:33 PM
    Obvisouly one of your mobile-substrate apps in interfering with your Safari app b/c in safe mode it disables all mobile substrate plug-ins.
    2010-08-17 07:40 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply - I do understand it's one of the ms apps, however I was hoping this might be a known issue that someone else might say "...here's what causes the problem and you should disable this app to fix it." Before I necessarily toggle on/off each of my 25 mobile substrate apps...
    -------------
    Found the culprit - Browser Changer (a mobile substrate applet). In BC's settings "Life Web Browser" was chosen as set as the default browser. I changed the default to Opera Mini and now my links work fine.

Weird thing is I've searched the App Store and Cydia and Life Web Browser is not even listed.
    Last edited by LarryInAz; 2010-08-18 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-18 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD