Hi all. I'm new here, did a search for my problem, but am not finding anything that is of help. Maybe someone here can!

I have an iphone 3g that I bought from a friend. The screen is extremely dim, so I played with the cables and was not able to get the screen to illuminate brightly like my other iphone. I figured it was the light sensor on the phone, so I ordered a new screen/midframe assy off eBay and put that in. The first time I hooked it up, the battery charging screen came up in full brightness, but when I turned it on, the screen went dim again. I've tried connecting the phone to iTunes, but the computer and iTunes both don't recognize the phone. Also, the usb to the computer won't charge the phone. It has to be hooked up to a 120v outlet and then I get the charge signal and sound. I've tried putting the phone in DFU mode with iTunes open, but neither the comp or iTunes sees the phone. Any help would be appreciated in getting this software? issue fixed. I'd like to upgrade to the 4.0 and then unlock/jailbreak it. Thanks!
    2010-08-18 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD