Hi Guys

I did have an iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 and manually backed up the game save data/progress found in the documents folder of the actual game.

I now have the iphone 4 with ios 4.0.1 and have manually inserted the documents folder.

This has restored the game progress eg level 12 of fling and It allows me to progress and get to level 13 etc, however if I exit the app then re-open it, it then goes back to the original save state ie level 12?

Does anyone have a solution to this ...?

Or will I just have to start all over again?

Thanks for any info.
    2010-08-19 08:40 PM
    You're making this harder than it should be. Download AppBackup on your old phone through Cydia. Backup all your apps or just the ones you want backup. Install Appbackup on your new phone. Transfer over the Appbackup backup file from your old phone to your new phone and restore all app data. In the future, use AppBackup for all your app backup/restore needs.

If you don't want to go the appbackup route, you need to change the permissions of your document folder to allow "writing". That's what your problem is, you need to change the permissions of the documents folder you transfered over. But in the future, use appbackup instead.
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 2010-08-19 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-19 09:00 PM
    Will appbackup restore appstore games/apps only or will it also do cydia apps?

Also I do not have the old iphone.

Could you please tell me how to change the permissions and what to...?

Thanks.
    2010-08-19 10:18 PM
    The best way is to use iFile. It costs a few bucks and it's totally worth it. Purchase that, then post back and I'll give you the step by step.
    2010-08-19 10:59 PM
    AppBackup
    it restores/backs up only app store apps

I use it all the time it's great. It's easier to choose 1 by 1 the apps you want backed up instead of all. Some take seconds others longer (like newsfeeds with a lot of news may take a minute).
    It's great. You can also cheat this way in games like using it as a save state.
    2010-08-20 01:06 AM
    Thanks guys, got Ifile.

I originally only copied the contents of the documents folder into the new documents folder.
    So when I changed the documents folder to
    user =read/write/execute
    group -read/write/execute
    world =read/execute

This still does not work.

So then I went into the documents folder and into gamestate/settings etc.
    When I change the values for those to the above it then worked.

I am wandering why it didn't work when I changed the documents folder values...?
    Is it because I only copied the contents and not the actual folder...?

In the future if I copy the actual folder , then will changing the values work? or will I still need to go into each file within the folder and change value for each file...?

Thanks.
    2010-08-20 11:28 AM
    also change world=read/write/execute it will work
    2011-03-20 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD